Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, no effing way, man. I probably would have lost my job for making an old lady cry.

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post
      It hit me so hard I was knocked to my hands and knees. I hopped up and turned around to find a very miserable looking woman scowling at me.

Honestly, can anyone say 'battery' ? You should have called the police and pressed charges.
      Tamezin

Comment

I haven't had people ramming carts into me (on purpose anyway), or mouthing off that much. That might have to do with the fact I'm 6-foot-2 and a pretty hefty guy who, despite not being in the best shape, looks like I could kick your ass if you piss me off.

When I go on my breaks, I take my vest off, but of course, I've been working at my job for the last eight years now, so most customers recognize me even on my break. If I'm just aimlessly wandering and browsing, I'll answer their questions if it's a simple thing. If I'm trying to find something specific to buy before my break is up, I'll inform them, "Sorry, I'm on my break, but <so-and-so> over there can help you."

If someone rammed me with a cart and copped that kind of attitude with me, I'd probably have knocked their head off.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Dont you know dear?

We retail monkeys are NOT human beings. We are just human shaped pieces of carpet, and our only function is to bend to their will and allow them to walk all over us. ... Customers feel very uncomfortable when the carpet starts to act like it has it's own free will or is even a sentient being. In fact this unspeakable act usually ends with Said customer screaming things like "I'll have your job!" "I want to talk to the manager" "Your a Fucking bitch" or "WITCH WITCH! BURN HER AT THE STAKE!" .......
          "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
          -Red

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
            Doesn't matter. Call the police from home and make a report. The police can ask the store for any videotapes. It is not for your management to make decisions on criminal behavior.
            Quoted for truth.

What if the next person that bitch does it to has a pain disorder, fragile bones, or is in some other way going to be seriously hurt by it?

She needs a lesson before she injures someone: and the only way she's going to listen to the lesson is through her wallet and the public embarassment of being called to court to explain her assault.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

/facepalm

Someone needs to find her parents and slap them for not putting her in her place when she was a spoiled little child.

Comment

"Ma'am, you seem to be operating under the same mentality that was so prevalent in the Postal offices during the 80's and early 90's. The mentality that the employees there somehow become robots when the uniform is put on and do not require things like breaks and lunches. This attitude caused stress in the workplace and the postal employees then snapped under the pressure and so the phrase 'going postal' was coined. Again let me point out that you are exhibiting the same mentality that led to those unfortunate circumstances. As such it would be greatly appreciated if you could acknowledge me as a human being and apologize for your rude behavior. <wait for response which will hopefully be an apology> Now was there anything I can help you with?"

The last bit is only if your on the clock.
                Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Working...
                X