Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a little bit of everything! And so are you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a little bit of everything! And so are you!

Are you:
    -Caucasian/White
    -African-American
    -Latino
    -Other

Clearly, I'm going to choose "Other".

Ya know, the forums here are so interestingly diverse! I love it! So many races and religions to learn about! Posters from flipping everywhere, it's so awesome! Vegetarians and Carnivores! Gay, straight, bisexual, asexual, it doesn't matter! Man, Woman and Trans-gendered posters! Polygamists, divorcees, couples and the single hearts. This is the most wonderfully diverse forum I've ever been to!

And the awesome moderator's that keep us from getting into too heated of discussions, all for the better I say!

If it weren't for certain posters, there would still be misconceptions about certain places and people -- like IDrinkaRum giving us the 411 on Autism, Iradney dispelling a rumour about how there are no black people in South Africa (something someone else had told me nearly 5 years ago), Broomjockey's informative talks about how the racists terms that Americans no longer use today are still used (and highly frowned upon in a lot of cases) is still in use in Canada and Rapscallian's explanation on what the flying fig a Chav is!

I don't work in retail, not really. If it wasn't for a lot of these posters, I would never know what it is like to work in a bar, a call center a mall or even as a law enforcement agent (Kira! I'm looking at you, lady!). I wouldn't know what Manager's or Supervisor's go through.

A common enemy (sucky customers) originally brought all these posters together. It's our differences, sense of uniqueness and some common ground that keeps us together. I really appreciate how the posters care about each other.

You guys are awesome.

Thank you.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

-epic hugs for EQ and everyone else- I was having a crappy day till I read this, and it made me re-think things..
    This really is a very diverse and awesome forum.
    "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

I love it here. I'm pretty sure my religious and political views are in the minority here, but ya know, it just doesn't come up that much. I think we're more concerned with people than positions here (get your minds out of the gutter, all of you! )
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I feel the same way. This is a great place to be, a great place to learn things, and a great group of people. Thanks for putting it into words so well, EQ.

Comment

That's why I really like this board.

Let's not forget the moderators. They help keep the board a happy place, instead of an angry forum for trolls to abuse each other.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

And that is why I asked for pics of everybody for a tolerance poster for Sociology class. I explained all of that in the speech about my poster.

EQ, we all love you. We all love each other.

If it weren't for this site, I wouldn't have met the love of my life.

And as for the rest of you...I love you all in a different way.
            "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Beautifully worded EQ, and so true! I love you all here, and if it weren't for everyone here, I probably wouldn't be where I am now.

So glad there is a place where people can come to be people instead of positions.

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself. I love this forum, the community here is so caring and supportive. Definitely a huge help to know that I'm able to come here and vent or rant or just share a giggle with people from all over.

this thread makes me smile. <hugs EQ for starting it>

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                  And that is why I asked for pics of everybody for a tolerance poster for Sociology class. I explained all of that in the speech about my poster.
                  Did you ever post a pic of that?
                  "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                    (get your minds out of the gutter, all of you! )
                    But..but..it's the closest thing I've got to a sex life!!!

(Yeah, I'm in that single contingent.)

This is the only forum I am an active participant in. I read PFB and occasionally post a comment here and there, and I read Fark but I'm not a member. Most forums that I've read get so antagonistic that I never wanted to be a part of it. I have enough stress and aggravation in my life; I like to come here and read some funny stories, see what's up in people's lives. I love that I can come and just vent my day if I want, or ask for advice...and most likely there's someone who can help. Sometimes I can even offer advice. It's pretty much my first stop on the internet each day.

Oh, and I think Becks is in my apartment complex. I noticed a car with the license plate SNAZZEE.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I love this site! I must if it's the only forum I've ever been a member of that I got to over 500 posts in less than a year! (And that's just the ones that are counted). I love this site. I've met some awesome people, and I've learned a lot. I look forward to many years on this site, because I'm here to stay! *settles in*

And EQ I love this thread! It brought a smile to my face. Thanks I needed it!

ETA:
                      AH! Where did that "Greeter" badge come from! Raps you gave me a heart attack! Couldn't you warn me instead of surprising me like that!

Oh and thanks too! I like it!
                      Last edited by SG15Z; 04-18-2009, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post

ETA:
                        AH! Where did that "Greeter" badge come from! Raps you gave me a heart attack! Couldn't you warn me instead of surprising me like that!

Hehe...you must be hanging in the New Members thread a lot lately. I was doing that and they PMed me and offered me a badge. Though I haven't exactly been living up to it lately. I noticed yours and I actually checked the last post I had written to see if my badge was still there...
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                          ETA:

Now you know how I felt when "COOKIES" showed up for me!

Thank you all for the kind words and throwing your 2 cents in! YAY! This forum means a lot to me and I'm very happy to see it means just as much to so many! Keep the good times rolling guys!
                          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                            Oh, and I think Becks is in my apartment complex. I noticed a car with the license plate SNAZZEE.
                            I wish. And I keep telling you, you'll be among the first to know when I go out there next time.

Besides, I always said that if I had my own car in NJ, the personalized plates would say WSCNSN or some such.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                              Besides, I always said that if I had my own car in NJ, the personalized plates would say WSCNSN or some such.
                              Unless it's a VW Rabbit (white): ML8ML8
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X