X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Former Employment (Long-ish)

Hey all,

It's been almost a year since my last post. So, what's new... Oh, I no longer work at the <Hotel>. so glad am I to be away from the WORST hotel I have ever seen.

1. The Rooms:

They had the worst water heater around people were complaining about cold showers in August and STILL complaining in DECEMBER!

The rooms were often drafty due to the 1/2 to 1 inch gap under the doors. This is pretty bad considering the rooms are all OUTSIDE ACCESS (room entrances lead directly outside).

This leads to unhappy guests . Unhappy guests don't come back. Return guests are key business, especially to a "Brand New" business.

2. The Management:

Both the GM and the Front Desk Manager (FDM) were known for bad tempers. Though I never faced the brunt of this, I heard from most everyone else about it. The FDM made one Desk Clerk cry, and the GM yelled at a NEW employee for messing up the phone greeting. If you can't be civil at the moment, don't speak until you can.

The FDM was notorious for changing what we had available on the system, so we could only do thing her way. She did this in lieu of actually telling us not to do it that way anymore. It got really annoying, and often hampered our ability to do our jobs.

3. Maintenance:

We had no one on maintenance after the 2nd or 3rd month we were open due to a tragedy (one of our Maint. people got drunk and then wandered into the path of a vehicle on the Highway, hence my thread "How to Meet the Local Coroner")

One example of the need for maintenance is the leak in the Lobby for the last 4 months of my employment there. The only time anything was done was when they painted over it to spruce up the joint for a property inspection. The way I know that's all they did, is because the next rainstorm caused it to leak again. It funny to note that this was only a few days after they had painted it, and on the night before the inspection.

So, now I work at another hotel, that's 10 times nicer, and 100 times better managed.

Nice to be back,

SC
    Last edited by Boozy; 09-13-2009, 12:20 PM. Reason: Removed name and location of hotel - we don't want anyone to get sued. :)
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
    The rooms were often drafty due to the 1/2 to 1 inch gap under the doors. This is pretty bad considering the rooms are all OUTSIDE ACCESS (room entrances lead directly outside).
    That's insane. An inch gap to the outdoors is pretty significant. You'd think that the hotel would have fixed it long ago to save money on heating and air conditioning costs. The repairs would have paid for themselves.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Bro, good to see you back and (somewhat) sane.

I honestly can't wait until I'm in the position to do a similar post about where I work now
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
      X