This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We might be adopting another beagle.

(While I'm still thinking about cute puppies )

Since my Charlemagne died in June the house hasn't felt the same at all, it's like something's missing. Sally misses having a friend to play with around, although she does love the extra attention we've been giving her. I've been looking at beagle rescue organizations and my mother has fallen DEEPLY for one handsome boy, she loves him because his fur color's unique. Plus, the dog suits us, he loves to go for walks, loves to romp and play with other dogs, is super friendly and loves children, is house trained, but not crate trained and enjoys snuggles on the couch. He's also an older dog, which is what we wanted.

Once we have Charlemagne's headstone paid for, we're going to start the application for this dog. So yay, we might be getting another beagle. Once (if?) we get him, there will be plenty of pictures coming, I promise.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Yay Doggies!!! Good luck!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Sure you don't want a puppy? Ziggy's mom is due any day now.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Oooooooh, puppy! ^_^! Must have pictures of the puppies when they're born!

And we don't, for 3 reasons: 1. My parents don't want to deal with the teething and housetraining and obedience and so on. 2. Sally is too old to deal with a puppy. If she was younger, yes, in a heartbeat, but she's a senior herself and is slowing down, so a senior beagle is perfect for her and for us. 3. My parents would be the ones who would be caring for that puppy for the next 10-20 years. As my brother and I are almost ready to start our own lives, it wouldn't be fair to the puppy or my parents to burden them like that, especially as my parents aren't young either.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
        X