X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Very Special Customer at the Coin Store

or

Why Coin Collecting and Drinking Don't Mix

As most of you know my husband, Mr. Dips, has a job at a coin store. His coworker Barb took a call from a guy who orders from them somewhat regularly. Only this time he sounded drunk on the phone. He ordered a coin album with plastic sheets to protect the coins. You can see what I'm taking about here:

http://www.jakesmp.com/CSD_Intercept...ept_003_M.html

The notches on the side let the collector grip one of the the plastic sheets and pull it out. Then the coins can be placed into the holes and the sheet put back over the coins. They're very common and familiar to most coin collectors.

So the order was duly packed and shipped.

But one day it came back. Barb opened the box and the first thing out of her mouth was "What the hell?" The album was completely mangled and destroyed.

But wait, there was a letter! She opened it and it was a typical SC rant about how long he's been a customer. How much money he's spent. And how angry and disappointed he is that they sold him a defective product. He was going to take his business elsewhere unless they made it right, etc.

You know the drill.

Oh, and somewhere in there he explained what the problem was. He tried to put his coins in the holder without removing either of the sheets first. And, of course, it didn't work. Apparently, at one point, he even used a hammer to try to force the coins through the plastic sheet.

And predictably the plastic sheets broke after multiple attempts, rendering the holder useless.

He must have been drunk when he did it. I prefer not to think that anyone sober would take a hammer to poor innocent (possibly valuable) coins trying to force them through a plastic sheet.

Returning it for replacement is one thing, but the letter is what really ices it.

Sure. He admitted what he did, but he's actually blaming the store for it.

Result was that they shipped him a replacement album for only the cost of shipping.

Yeah, I know. But the boss said to do it.

But Barb did get a dig in. She put sticky notes on the replacement album with arrows pointing out all the parts and really obvious instructions tailored to a five-year-old.

Mr. Dips' favorite: "Please follow directions."
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Well, if he was drunk previously, he may be sober enough when he gets the new one to have the grace to be embarrassed about the whole situation and not take offense to the stickies.

A lack of sobriety and shame could have him bitching about those helpful notes, though.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

No worries. They don't care if he bitches. He already got a replacement he didn't deserve. The boss has *some* tolerance for bullshit but it's got limits. Barb also showed him the notes before the order got shipped so it's not like anyone's going to get in trouble for them.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Personally, I think Barb showed great restraint in not adding "dumbass" to some of those directions. Like "Pull this tab here, Dumbass!"
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
        X