Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman Baked her Icecream Cake (hey, that rhymes)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman Baked her Icecream Cake (hey, that rhymes)

Skip down to ---------- for story.

So, I've been helping out at a local creamery. Basically I go in whenever I want and bake goodies. For some reason people are obsessed with macarons, so I've made a shitload of those. Anyway, it's an awesome job cause I basically go in whenever I want and make stuff.

I do get orders for cakes which I'll do (getting better at decorating, but I still can't write legibly, so someone else does that.) Since it's a creamery they're really big into ice cream, and I can make ice cream cakes.

This woman ordered an ice cream cake. Well she calls up a few hours after pickup and was ranting and raving about something, so they ask her to bring the cake back in for a refund and call me to just come see what's up (I live within a 10 minute hilly bike ride or a 3 minute drive.) Here's what happened:

--------

The woman's husband ordered an ice cream cake, because that's what he wanted (poor guy had to order and pay for his own birthday cake.) The wife gets it home, sticks some candles in it, and then freaks out because it's cold. So what does she do?

A. Checks the box and sees that it's an ice cream cake and thus should be cold.
    B. Sees the note that says: Keep frozen until ready to serve and realizes, ohhhh, it should be that way.
    C. Calls the store.
    D. Decides to heat it up herself.

Yup, she sticks the cake (candles and all) into the oven and sets it to 400. 20 minutes later she notices that the cake is gone, and has been replaced by a liquidy pile of sticky goo and oreo like crumbs that're leaking through the oven door onto her floor. She screamed that the carpet was ruined and I had to pay for it. (Who has carpet in the kitchen.)

So she stood around for a while telling people that we had sold her a frozen ice cream cake. Everyone that came in was laughing about the nut job outside. The next day the woman who did a lot of wonderful art for the creamery (she likes to use old barn doors and farm equipment as canvas, it's so cool) brought in a new sign to hang over the freezer that says "caution, do not bake ice cream. Will result in carpet destroying soup."

Quoth flutes_and_fabric View Post
    (Who has carpet in the kitchen.)
    Old people. My grandma got her kitchen carpeted for some ungodly reason.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth flutes_and_fabric View Post
      "caution, do not bake ice cream. Will result in carpet destroying soup."
      As I always say; "If there is a stupid warning sign, there is a stupid person who did this before."

DUDE! She COOKED an ICE CREAM cake? What has the world come to?
      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

"(Who has carpet in the kitchen.) "

She baked an icecream cake WITH candles on it and THAT'S the part you question?

lol!!!
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post

She baked an icecream cake WITH candles on it

lol!!!
          How else are you supposed to light the candles.
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

So much for humanity getting SMARTER with bigger brains.

This story make me dread getting old and stupid.
            Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Okay, I can see where people got confused by kitchen carpet (maybe it was just an expensive throw rug?), and by putting the candles in oven, but I couldn't believe she'd put it in at 400 and wait 20 MINUTES to check on it!
              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                Old people. My grandma got her kitchen carpeted for some ungodly reason.

Are you even joking? I cannot even get my head around this!

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                  Okay, I can see where people got confused by kitchen carpet (maybe it was just an expensive throw rug?), and by putting the candles in oven, but I couldn't believe she'd put it in at 400 and wait 20 MINUTES to check on it!
                  I know! The best baking temp is 350. I would have commented on that, but the rest of what this woman did was so stupid that I just decided not to mention it.

Comment

The house I grew up in until I was 14 had carpet in the kitchen. I think it was put in while we were there.

It wasn't nearly as thick as the carpet in other rooms. It made it easy to vacuum, though spills weren't as easy to clean. Though they came out if addressed immediately.

What I want to know is why the husband, who bought the cake, didn't speak up.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

You know... In a perfect world, you'd hear something like this and be able to immediately dismiss it as an urban legend.

But we all know better, don't we?
                      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                        You know... In a perfect world, you'd hear something like this and be able to immediately dismiss it as an urban legend.

But we all know better, don't we?
                        The sad part is the urban legends usually tend to make more sense.
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

carpets

we rent. landlord put carpeting throughout the apt, inc. the kitchen. and i've seen it elsewhere..... not incredibly unusual.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                            What I want to know is why the husband, who bought the cake, didn't speak up.
                            It is totally possible that he was OUT when she did this, and when he got back to find what happened, he couldn't get her to listen to reason.
                            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I have kitchen carpet.
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                              X