Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When told of my choice to take the phone call over going to ONE class, here was the reply from my father "That is alright, you won't graduate anyhow. Your not smart enough*
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Ugh found out Shorty has Strep. And this is really big craft show week. And re always refuses to take her medicine...and Seige (my son) says he wants to get sick so he can take the medicine. *sigh*

And of course heard this morning that a massive cold front is moving in Wednesday so it's likely all of Really Big Craft show will be right at 32F or below.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Sigh... well, no court today. Her attorney can't make it... AGAIN. I should have been expecting this, he's TERRIBLE. But that works in my favor.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• *hugs to all* I think I might have finally hit my breaking point. this job is only getting worse. I can't get anything done in our house since we are either at a soccer game (my one fun thing anymore), trying to move my grandmother or at work or passed because we are miserable and tired from the above. I would like to get ahead. but no one but my family can help me in this freaking job. I feel like I am going to lose it and I can't. I can't dump anything else on the 2 people that help me out since they are beyond behind also. And my hubby who I only have 2.5 days a week now has a mountain of work. Plus i need to help him out since he really doesn't have anyone to help him.

I am just going to go cry in the corner. Where is my giant moose and sloth?
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• I have no giant moose, but anyone who needs it is more than welcomed to borrow Sam (two-foot-tall teddy bear) or Rosie (two-foot-tall bunny) for snuggling purposes.
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

• I am going to hide here in the corner for the next 48 to 72 hours and hug my teddy until they call me with Little Bits biopsy results. She came through it like a trouper today. I am so proud of her.

Comment

• A few days ago I was still up at 3 in the morning and playing on the internet when I noticed a new message on DeviantArt from the Big Cheese of a group I belong to concerning my drawing of "Rossi" (the Joe Mantegna character from "Criminal Minds"). I clicked on the message and was treated to a novel-length (and atrociously spelled) rant about:
                • how "Rossi" was the worst drawing I had ever submitted to the group
                • how much my art work in general sucks
                • how much my shading sucks
                • how I was making a mockery of myself and her precious group just because I like to submit my drawings to lots of groups (a. there's no rule against it; and b. which groups and how many I choose to submit to isn't any of her damned business to begin with)
                • how she'd rather have little kids submit stick figures than have me submit another one of my horrible pieces of crap
                • she wasn't going to accept any more of my art until I got my act together and worked on improving my drawings, pronto
                • Oh, and since she apparently was the greatest thing to happen to the art world since the paintbrush was invented, she'd be so kind as to take a few minutes of her precious time to teach me how to draw

I suppose that was meant to be constructive criticism. But she was so busy ripping me and my artwork into confetti that she couldn't be bothered to tell me just what she thought was wrong with it and what I could do to fix it. And I'd like to you all to keep in mind that this was her first contact with me; apparently I was supposed to divine out of thin air that my drawings weren't up to her solid gold standards and then grovel at her feet for a few pearls of her brilliant artistic wisdom. The whole message was so arrogant, so rude, so nasty, and not mention so uncalled for that for the next 20 minutes all I could do was sit there with my jaw on the desk. Then I replied, telling her where she could stick her so-called advice, her snotty attitude, her oh-so-super-speshul group, and just who the fuck did she think she was anyway.

Yeah, I left that group and blocked her. And guess what? The world hasn't stopped spinning.
                I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

• After looking over your art, either that woman is the next Michelangelo, or she is so jealous of your talent she can not see straight. Cause I will tell you, if I had a tenth of that talent..I would be a happy person.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
                    After looking over your art, either that woman is the next Michelangelo, or she is so jealous of your talent she can not see straight. Cause I will tell you, if I had a tenth of that talent..I would be a happy person.
                    Thanks.

I took a look at her page and her art was very good, so I really don't have any idea what her freakin' problem was. But in a community as big as DeviantArt there's always going to be a diva or two who think they own the place, make all the rules, and the rest of us peasants should be falling all over ourselves with gratitude because they exist.
                    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

• Someone shoot me now.

Trying to arrange a sitter, so hubby can help sell quilts. (He's an awesome salesman, and people are comfortable with him) But it's a hard task since who has 9am-7pm open to babysit? Looks like I might have to stay home, for my own damn show and the thought of it just makes me want to die. Why won't my family help me out when I need help?

Edit: I did ask the fam and they act as if my children are demons or something. Of course this is the same people that said "Oh, Shorty's Autistic, that means she's a monster and you should just put her in a home and forget about her."

Ugh. So it still looks like I'll be staying home at my own show.
                      Last edited by Kanalah; 10-18-2011, 07:31 PM.
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• *hughughug hugs all*

I want my mommy. Just...augh. Everything's.... I don't know.

*offers fried chicken to all*
                        Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 10-18-2011, 10:30 PM. Reason: making sense is golden and duct tape is silver.
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Phoenix: I love your edit note.

*offers Phoenix hugs*
                          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• *hugs to all* Kanalah, that's bullshit! Yes, kids with austism have different needs to other kids, and they can be a lot harder to care for but it doesn't make them monsters! I've co-babysat 5 ASD kids (with my mother) before, I was 16 and provided most of the care. It wasn't that hard either, even though their mother pretty much just dumped them in a new room with one semi-stranger and one complete stranger. Looked after them for half a day, and my mother (who did almost nothing) went home and proceeded to get drunk, due to being stressed out. I had a cuppa and finished my biology assignment while babysitting my siblings.

You need time out because you're a very busy but still very good mummy and you deserve to go to your show, and not have to think about anything other than your awesome quilts. *huge hugs*
                            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• *hugs dragon_wings* I'm glad you liked the edit note.
                              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                              -----
                              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Blaaaaaaaaaaargh. x.x; So, tomorrow, we're leaving for NC for my sister's wedding. Which means that today has been Packing Day. For my family, Packing Day has always a day of stress and (on my part) tears. Right now, we're still finalizing things. My stuff is all packed except for my makeup bag.

But my dad, who, for some reason, spent most of the day installing new lights on the outside of the house, is stomping around saying 'We need this, this, this, and this'. He's stressed and nervous, which makes *me* stressed and nervous, and my mom is having to try to keep both of us from freaking the hell out.
                                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
                                X