X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I demand you control...

..the weather.

Recently we got hit with several sever storms. As most people understand, sever thunderstorms, wind and rain cause power outages. We had several outages due to the weather over the last few months, from 20-30 minutes to almost two days due to a tornado. This last outage was about 6 hours, and power was restored just after the store opened.

Of course, SCs complain that perishable foods were not available fore sale, due the fact that the frozen foods were covered with dry ice and the open refrigerated case were cleared out and stored on refrigerated trailers that were brought in.

Control the weather
    SC: *stomps up to me as we begin to restock the open cases* Excuseeee meeeeee!
    M: Can I help you?
    SC: Yes! It seem you have lost power several times recently.
    M; Yes, we have.
    SC: It is a inconvenience for me. (and a bigger one for us, dumb ass)
    M: Ok.
    SC: Why don't you call <power company> and tel them to fix it!?
    M: Well, the recent outages were caused by sever storms that brought down trees on to wires. Their is only so much that can be do to prevent that.
    SC: Well, you MUST call them ant demand they must stop those storms!
    M: I don't think they can do that!
    SC: Yes the can! It's a simple concept! *stomps off*

Would you eat it?

I was taking some product to a display across store, wen I see a SC arguing with one of the dept. managers. I catch part of the conversation.

SC: But you lost power!
    M: Yes, we lost power, however we covered all the cases to keep the product cold, and transferred it to a refrigerated truck.
    SC: Trucks aren't cold!
    M: There are refrigerated, they have a refrigeration unit on them to keep them cold.
    SC: suuuree. Whatever. Let me ask you this, would you eat that food?
    M: Yes.
    SC: You! *looks at me* Would you eat that food that you had when you lost power?
    ME: Yes. It is safe, I along with M have worked power outages and we keep it cold one way or another.
    SC: I don't buy it. It's not safe!

The SC stomps off, they are later seen buying our supposedly unsafe food.

Quoth mattm04 View Post
    SC: Well, you MUST call them ant demand they must stop those storms!
    M: I don't think they can do that!
    SC: Yes the can! It's a simple concept! *stomps off*
    ME - "Oh. Brave intelligent mighty belligerent customer. Please. Tell us how."

Then wait for an explanation.
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post

That should really be worth hearing
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I'm guessing the one from the 2nd story was looking for a 'price break' on the food, right?

"YOUR FOOD'S NOT SAFE... 50% off? Sure, I'll take it!"
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          SC: suuuree. Whatever. Let me ask you this, would you eat that food?
          Do they think it magically appears in the store?
          Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post

Kinda how when I was working at Staples I had a customer claim it was racist that we didn't sell individual file folders. I asked him how and he just stomped off and out of the store...

Score one for me for absolutely giving him back his race card.. it was rejected due to lack of funding.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post

I would love to hear this answer. I want to become a male Storm (from X-men).
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I wonder how she thinks the food gets here in the first place. Even with no storms/power outages....the food is shipped in refrigerated trucks. The very same trucks now being used for storage till the power comes back on.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                  I would love to hear this answer. I want to become a male Storm (from X-men).
                  Nice invocation of Rule 63 (expanded version). However, if one is not born with weather-controlling powers, there is another way to cause or banish storms: be worthy enough to lift Mjolnir.

Seriously, though, if one were to ask the customer how they can stop the storms, they wouldn't give a real answer. They would most likely say something like "They have ways!" or "I'm not an expert, but they should have a way to do it!"

Comment

Yes, I would like to go back in time

What do you mean that can't be done?!

I want to go BACKWARDS!

it's A SIMPLE CONCEPT!!!!!
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

*nods* I thought of Thor first, then Raiden ..but the last thing I would want is to be a 'god'..too many rules
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                        Kinda how when I was working at Staples I had a customer claim it was racist that we didn't sell individual file folders. I asked him how and he just stomped off and out of the store...

Score one for me for absolutely giving him back his race card.. it was rejected due to lack of funding.
                        I... how ... what...?

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                          I... how ... what...?
                          that's how everyone was... they didn't know why he would claim it was racist.

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                            that's how everyone was... they didn't know why he would claim it was racist.
                            It has been my experience -- especially after reading some related stories on here -- that people who habitually play the race card simply *assume* that it is always valid for play, even when there's obviously no good reason for it. 'Tis easier to assume than to actually LOOK for evidence.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
                              Do they think it magically appears in the store?
                              It comes over the internet, silly!

I love the "they need to stop the storms" one. I'm sure if asked HOW that can be done, they would say something like "You're the professional, you're supposed to know this stuff!"
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X