X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Kid stories

This kid has defintely got my genes.

Now, as I mentioned before, Young Nephew is autistic (which is one of the many reasons Little Sis started the NPO). This combined with a natural deviltry has given me some great giggles over the years.
    I'm sad to say that the kids have never met their Uncle Redbeard although we've talked over the phone and Little Sis has made sure to show them pictures of myself and Mrs Redbeard, but these are some of the stories that have been shared:

Story the first, we discover an honest child
    One year while waiting in line to see Santa, Young Nephew looks up at Little Sis and tells her "Momma, Santa's not giving me any presents this year."
    "Well, why's that, buddy?"
    "Cuz I've been NAUGHTY!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"
    Apparently he has a naturaly evil laugh. Mad scientist in the making? You decide!

Story the second, the birth of Mister Peanut
    Little sis is getting the kids ready to head to town, she tells Young Nephew to go get his shoes on and leaves the room for about 3 minutes to take care of something. Somehow in that 3 minute time Young Nephew had managed to strip down to his birthday suit, cover himself in peanut butter and wrap himself from head to toe in toilet paper.
    His reasoning? He wanted to be a mummy and go "Rawr!" to people.
    Henceforth he has been known as Mister Peanut.

The D'awwwwww moment
    At a recent fundraiser dinner, an elderly woman in a wheelchair was dressed to the nines, but also obviously not feeling welcomed. It seems that her family brought her and then promptly left her alone to watch the party without knowing anyone.
    Mister Peanut and his sister, Sissy, who was 7 at the time, went up to the 80+ year old lady, looked her in the eyes and asked if they could get their picture taken with her because she was so pretty. Apparently you could have cut diamond with the gleam from her eyes at that.

So, share! Silly and/or awesome kid stories!
    What other wackiness is out there?
    Last edited by Redbeard; 03-12-2012, 09:59 PM.

Kids are so funny sometimes. Today Khan (2) was dragging a length of yarn down the hall. I asked what he was doing.

Khan: "I'm walking my snake."

Me: "What kind of snake is it?" (expecting him to say, green snake, long snake, etc).

Khan: "An anaconda!"

Me:
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      Kids are so funny sometimes. Today Khan (2) was dragging a length of yarn down the hall. I asked what he was doing.

Khan: "I'm walking my snake."

Me: "What kind of snake is it?" (expecting him to say, green snake, long snake, etc).

Khan: "An anaconda!"

Me:
      Yikes that kid is smart.

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Just one from work:

A grandma and grandson are buying a card. The grandma comes to the cash to pay. I tell her the amount. Grandma opens wallet and puts the paper bill on the counter (pet peeve *sigh*) so I reach over and slide it towards me. The grandson's eyes get real big and turns to his grandma:

"Why is she taking your money?"

I couldn't help myself, I just laughed. I hold up the coins for the boy to see and hand her the change. Grandma explains buying as they were leaving.

I was in a bad mood at the time, too, so that cheered me up. I got to steal money from a little old lady that day

Your niece and nephew were incredibly sweet to ask that lady for a picture. I want to squish them.

Comment

LMAO at Mr. Peanut! But I have to wonder how peanut butter got involved with mummies to begin with?

Comment

But I have to wonder how peanut butter got involved with mummies to begin with?
            I imagine it was to make sure that the toilet paper stuck on properly.
            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

D'oh! You're probably right. That kind of out of the box thinking leads to greatness; well, greatness or a lair under a volcano.

Comment

Back when my eldest was little (technically still little at ten, but even littler then) we were coming out of the library when she saw a man at the bottom of the steps with long hair, heavy stubble and an eyepatch. Being a sensible girl she immediately screamed "It's a pirate!", dived back into the library and wouldn't come out again until he'd left. Luckily he thought it was as funny as I did and didn't get offended. :P
                Another time she was walking back from nursery with her mum and stopped under a lamp post, looked up then sighed (big dramatic sigh with drooped shoulders). When asked "What's up?", she said "I can't do anything.", "What do you want to do?", and pointing upwards "Fly up there!".
                She's got slightly more sensible with age, but only slightly.

Comment

One mt sister shared recently. She has 4 kids from age 7 down to 1 and 1/2. She had been out shopping with them and was driving home, tired and had a headache. She scolded them for being noisy in the car and said that she had a headache so she would like it if they could be quiet. The third youngest says, "Know what makes my head stop hurting? McDonald's!"

Comment

Waaay, way back, about 1993 or so, my mom had agreed to babysit my sister's boy, Z. She was sitting on the porch swing with him on her lap and they were swinging. I came up to play with him by saying hi to him every time he swung near enough. The little turd decided to start headbutting me, hitting me in the nose a few times, and laughing his little head off when i started saying ouch.

Comment

When I was a kid, I had a boy in my class challenge me to a footrace across the width of the basketball and netball courts (they were side-by-side) and back. I ran the width of the netball court, touched it and ran back, while the boy was already down at the basketball court. My mum happened to be watching this at the time and found it hilarious .
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Mom dressed my two oldest sisters (5 & 3) in bare midriff outfits. Loosewheel, the younger, was frantically trying to pull her top down to meet the lower portion.

Marha, the ancient, explained, "Don't worry, it's supposed to have an intersection."
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kal View Post
                          Back when my eldest was little (technically still little at ten, but even littler then) we were coming out of the library when she saw a man at the bottom of the steps with long hair, heavy stubble and an eyepatch. Being a sensible girl she immediately screamed "It's a pirate!", dived back into the library and wouldn't come out again until he'd left. Luckily he thought it was as funny as I did and didn't get offended. :P
                          We had that issue recently while out at a restaurant. Guy walks past, with a huuuuge grey beard, scraggy hair, and this crazy leather eyepatch. Both girls point and scream "Santa's a PIRATE!"
                          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Years and years ago, my family was getting ready to go out someplace. I don't remember if it was shopping or out to dinner or what.

My parents had to go do something inside the house, so they put my sister and me in the garage and told us not to move until they came back.

In the time they were gone, my sister and I got out the garage door, across the back yard, and into the vegetable garden, which at that time was a mud pit due to heavy rain or snowmelt, and sunk ourselves in the mud up to our knees.

As I recall, mom and dad weren't angry as much as amused and bewildered. As I also recall, the trip we were about to make ended up not happening.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My niece and nephew got a Harry Potter chest set sometime in the last year or so. And my nephew is *obsessed* with it. He'll take the pieces out and play with them even though a handful have gone missing since.
                              One day as the family (sis, bro in law, niece and nephew) were out and about nephew (3) screams out 'The black ones are always evil!' Cue *face palm* from my sister and brother in law.
                              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                              X