Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killing Time (warning: language on my part)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
    AUGH some people are too stinkin' nosy for their own good. *offers many hugs*

I'm just lucky all my self-harm never shows on the outside for long.
    You are extremely lucky indeed. Mine will be visible until the day I *die* or until I can afford tattoos to cover them.
    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth pzychobitch View Post
      You are extremely lucky indeed. Mine will be visible until the day I *die* or until I can afford tattoos to cover them.
      for me, its half and half...only certain arms scars stick out, but...legs are totally clear.

Comment

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
        for me, its half and half...only certain arms scars stick out, but...legs are totally clear.
        I'm safe there. I always wear pants even in the summer, so I luck out there.
        If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

When you work in certain professions, you also learn very fast not to ask where scars come from, simply because you a) really don't want to know, and b) it could very easily bring back bad memories. I noticed recently that I've become immune to it, and I'm simply not curious how someone got a scar. It's their business: if they want to tell me, they will (like one chap who lost half a thumb in the Antarctic...he'll quite happily show everyone and then tell you in graphic detail! )

Hugs to you for coping with the idiots...I think swear words are perfectly justified when the alternative means you're trying to get the bloodstains out of the carpet for weeks.
          I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Quoth houdini View Post
            When you work in certain professions, you also learn very fast not to ask where scars come from, simply because you a) really don't want to know, and b) it could very easily bring back bad memories. I noticed recently that I've become immune to it, and I'm simply not curious how someone got a scar. It's their business: if they want to tell me, they will (like one chap who lost half a thumb in the Antarctic...he'll quite happily show everyone and then tell you in graphic detail! )

Hugs to you for coping with the idiots...I think swear words are perfectly justified when the alternative means you're trying to get the bloodstains out of the carpet for weeks.
            Exactly. I happen to work with box cutters at my job from time to time. So some of mine are easily bullshitted away.

Comment

I hope nobody ever asks me about the cuts and nicks on my arms/legs/hands

Because half the time I have no idea where I got them from! Though with cats, dogs, horses, acres of wild roses, sheet metal, car parts, live poultry, lawn equipment and power tools all over the place around here, I'm never short suspects
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                I hope nobody ever asks me about the cuts and nicks on my arms/legs/hands

Because half the time I have no idea where I got them from! Though with cats, dogs, horses, acres of wild roses, sheet metal, car parts, live poultry, lawn equipment and power tools all over the place around here, I'm never short suspects
                My dog has been known to be a little rough when you play with her and can scratch the hell out of you even with cut nails. And that's a full grown sheltie, lol.

Comment

I've got self-harm scars, as well, and no one ever asks me where they came from. I only volunteer to explain the ones that I did accidentally (and the only time I got stitches outside of my dentures was because I was young and stupid, which is a good learning tool for some folks). In my experience, the people who tell me flat-out that they self-harm either aren't fully recovered or have other issues that need resolved as well.

ETA: I don't mean that all self-harmers are like that; I mean the type that are currently active in mutilation or are overenthusiastic about the attention that they receive from talking about it. Sorry if that offends.

I would be very upset if some person in public asked me about my scars. I don't blame you for reacting like that, though my mom would give you heck for calling someone the C-word. I won't tell.
                  Last edited by IamEmancipated; 06-24-2012, 03:06 AM. Reason: because I am not the brightest before bedtime

Comment

Quoth IamEmancipated View Post
                    I've got self-harm scars, as well, and no one ever asks me where they came from. I only volunteer to explain the ones that I did accidentally (and the only time I got stitches outside of my dentures was because I was young and stupid, which is a good learning tool for some folks). In my experience, the people who tell me flat-out that they self-harm either aren't fully recovered or have other issues that need resolved as well.

ETA: I don't mean that all self-harmers are like that; I mean the type that are currently active in mutilation or are overenthusiastic about the attention that they receive from talking about it. Sorry if that offends.

I would be very upset if some person in public asked me about my scars. I don't blame you for reacting like that, though my mom would give you heck for calling someone the C-word. I won't tell.
                    My mom is the kind of person that would high five if you called someone the c-word for a good reason.... LOL

Comment

Quoth pzychobitch View Post
                      My mom is the kind of person that would high five if you called someone the c-word for a good reason.... LOL
                      I'm sure there would be other choice words that my mom could use. She's just not fond of the C-word, is all.

Comment

Quoth IamEmancipated View Post
                        I'm sure there would be other choice words that my mom could use. She's just not fond of the C-word, is all.
                        Ahh, true true.

Comment

Working...
                        X