This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth 24601 View Post
    So, he breaks in and trys to steal stuff? The cops weren't called then why? As for the utilities, that is just odd. Unless they have authorization from the account holder to DC service, they cannot unless you are behind on the bill. They also won't just leave the wires swinging in the breeze, too many calls would come in that way. They have to coil and cap them to the nearest pole if they are cut. Usually they just pull the meter.
    Yeah, the whole thing was really strange. I think my mom would have called the police if they tried it again. As it was, she just left it up to her lawyer. I think my mom put up with this crap because she just wanted to get the whole thing over with, get rid of the house and get her money. I have no idea about the utilities.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

You don't live anywhere near where my friend lives, do you, LOL? Because it sounds like you both got the same buyer! "Her" lawyer told her she had to give the buyer a key to the house immediately, which of course meant he had 24/7 access to the house, even though she was still living in it! And yes, things did start disappearing -- some were not a big deal in themselves (laundry supplies) while others were family stuff that she hadn't volunteered to donate ...

Meanwhile she was waiting for access to the apartment she'd rented and he kept bugging her about when she'd be moving out!

No doubt she should've gotten some legal action on all this, but like your mom, she just wanted to get it over with. Unfortunately, unlike your mom, I don't think she did anything even after she was out of the place.

Quoth Draco View Post
      -please- inform us what happens with the real estate board. I'd love to see this piece of trash lose his license.
      Definitely keep us updated!

Comment

There is NO effin' way a buyer gets a key to MY house until the closing. Ain't effin' gonna happen. I'll walk from the deal before I will do that.

I did not get my keys until closing. I did a final walkthrough with my realtor about a week before the closing, found a few minor things that needed fixing; walked through again the day before after they'd been fixed. After all the papers were signed, I forked over the closing costs, only then did I get the keys.

And then immediately changed the locks. As in, as soon as I left the lawyer's office, I called a locksmith and changed the locks.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          There is NO effin' way a buyer gets a key to MY house until the closing. Ain't effin' gonna happen. I'll walk from the deal before I will do that.

*snip*
          Reaction of virtually everybody who heard about that was

It is highly irregular, to say the least, and left me pondering some rather slanderous possibilities about "her" lawyer.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
            "Her" lawyer told her she had to give the buyer a key to the house immediately,
            Okay, that's a lawyer who needs disbarring. Like, yesterday.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
              Nope, no way, not happening. As long as it is my name on the lease/title paperwork, the key stays in my hands. I would require a signed notice in my hands of that interesting request, and as soon as I got it, I would be on the phone to the Bar Association, the DA, the board in charge of realtors and my realtor cancelling the sale.

That request has so many levels of wrong in it I am speachless.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                Nope, no way, not happening. As long as it is my name on the lease/title paperwork, the key stays in my hands. I would require a signed notice in my hands of that interesting request, and as soon as I got it, I would be on the phone to the Bar Association, the DA, the board in charge of realtors and my realtor cancelling the sale.

That request has so many levels of wrong in it I am speachless.
                A request is one thing. All that requires is a simple, "NO."

A demand is something else again. In which case, my fingers would also be doing the walkin'.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

The only reason we got a key early is we did early occupancy where we were "renting" until we closed. The house was also a second house they owned, empty, and we were ETSing from the Army.

Comment

We have learned a lot from this. The last time my mom moved was 30 years ago and my dad handled everything. So if we move again we will be a lot more cautious.
                    -Helen Keller

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                      We bought our house in SD in April while we were still living in TX. When we ETS'd (my hubby was in the Army) up to SD in June there were still things from the former owners in the house and garage - they'd PSd in May. At the closing we stipulated that they had 30 days to remove anything left then it was ours to do what we wished. They never picked anything up so we got a really nice queen sized waterbed and frame w/ under the bed storage, snow tires and several other things.
                      That can go the other way, too. We "inherited" so much crap that we had to get one of those large bins dropped in our driveway. Always remember to set a bit extra aside for those unforeseen closing costs.

Comment

Quoth Dadeo View Post
                        That can go the other way, too. We "inherited" so much crap that we had to get one of those large bins dropped in our driveway. Always remember to set a bit extra aside for those unforeseen closing costs.
                        On this side of the Pond it's getting popular to put a clause in the contract stating that a certain amount can be held back to cover skip fees etc if anything not in the contract is left behind.
                        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Our old house is now a big hole in the ground. My mom's going to send the letter today.
                          -Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                          X