Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The number of orders we get "STAT pending discharge" unbelievable.
    I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

And I don't know how it applies to the ER, but I was recently called back in to do a STAT study because the patient had chronic back pain that had started radiating down their legs a couple of days previously.

Considering the tests I do have nothing to do with the back or back pain I wonder how insurance would look at that. Sadly, that is not uncommon for the hospital I work at.
      I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Quoth Antares View Post
        The number of orders we get "STAT pending discharge" unbelievable.
        I hate "STAT pending discharge." Obviously if you're about to ship them out the door, the test isn't that pressing. Send them on home and reschedule as an outpatient. *grumblegrowl*
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
          I hate "STAT pending discharge." Obviously if you're about to ship them out the door, the test isn't that pressing. Send them on home and reschedule as an outpatient. *grumblegrowl*
          But then that doctor might not be able to bill for the test. Doctors today get paid by the tests they order and the procedures they perform, NOT from talking to us.

More and more hospitals employ hospitalists, who oversee care of people in the hospital, while the regular doc picks up the follow up care after discharge.

Doc might not have wanted to lose a billable test to the family doc.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
          X