This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Canarr View Post
    Found a bit on Code Bravo... or, as some seem to call it, Code Bravo Sierra:

http://www.infowars.com/confirmed-th...ze-on-command/
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/29/bu...road.html?_r=1
    Bravo Sierra is what I'll be calling it from now on. What a complete waste of time.

I'm thinking I'll file a complaint with the TSA over this. This is an absolute WASTE of taxpayer money to run drills like this that serve absolutely NO purpose.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth PastryGal View Post
      lol nah the guitar thing they're talking about is a musician who actually saw his guitar being thrown and abused by staff. He even wrote 3 songs about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo
      If I saw someone doing that to any of my instruments, you could bet I'd be inventing a few new shades of red just to see them.

Then filing suit to replace it.

Those things aren't cheap!

Comment

If I saw someone doing that to any of my instruments, you could bet I'd be inventing a few new shades of red just to see them.

Then filing suit to replace it.

Those things aren't cheap!
        Indeed, I think his was worth about 3k. I KNOW it cost him 1.2k to fix, and it never really played the same after that. He was hoping to get a million views on his music video, but he didn't expect it to go viral in days. His revenge was much better than a lawsuit... apparently he made United's stock prices drop by 10 percent. Impressive!

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          I can't stand Southwest; the seats are unbearable to sit in: packed too closely together, ultra thin cushions make me feel every spring with every bump in the air. My last flight with them was agony.
          Oh, so that's what happened to the planes from the now-defunct Royal Airlines. DH and I flew from Halifax to Vancouver and back on them in 2000. We could barely walk by the time we got off the plane. I'm 5'2" and there was barely enough leg room for ME, never mind my 5'11" husband with bad knees. I've had much more comfortable rides on city buses, to put it mildly.

Now the flight I had from Seattle to Detroit in '93 on Delta was MUCH more pleasant. Comfy seats, snacks and water delivered with a smile, and free headsets for the movie. Considering it was my first trip alone out of the country, I thought it was awesome.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            I found out from hearing from someone else's misfortune... detune them before you fly. the air pressure can really do a number on them if the strings are in tune.
            Air pressure is not the problem, it's temperature and humidity. Flying shouldn't be a problem if you loosen the strings a bit, but not too much, to compensate for the cold. Every one of my guitars has been in the luggage compartment at some point - always in a travel case. If you can, take your instrument(s) into the cabin with you. Many musicians I know will buy a seat for their instruments, from a 1696 Stradivari cello to a beat up old Fender bass with sentimental value.

Comment

Working...
            X