This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFB is now weighing in.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Boycott Applebees. Their food is crap anyway.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Here's a question I've been wondering about.

This pastor runs her own church. She says she gives (tithes) 10% of her income to God.

Well, doesn't tithing mean that you give 10% of your income to your church? And if her church is being run by her, isn't she basically giving 10% to herself?

For that matter, if her main income is from her parishioners, isn't she taking money from the church to give to the church? Isn't this a neverending loop?

These are the thoughts that hit my mind when I'm watching the freak shows on reality tv.
        Tithes go to pay for Church upkeep, supplies/equipment, missionary programs, community outreach efforts and yes, salaries for the Pastors.

How it works is Pastor X would pay a tithe of 10% of his take home pay. So basically yes, he is retithing money that was tithed by the parishoners.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
          The original version on Reddit had the pastor's name on it. The server who posted it thought that it was loopy enough to not make sense of it. And gave a false description to try and further lead off the hounds.

Not that that stopped the Redditors.
          yeah i finally found the original image. although personally... i would NOT have been able to translate her first name into anything. looked like a bunch of damned loops to me. the last name sure but ... that's a pretty common last name.

However... I also saw the explanation of HOW the pastor found out about it... one of her friends recognized her signature. So, someone who knows her personally saw it and talked to her about it.

In my opinion THAT'S why she was so mad about it and called to complain. Not that her "personal information" was online, but that... her rude actions were brought fourth into the light of day and witnessed by a friend.

really she has no choice but to apologize. if she DIDN'T apologize, just think about how she'd look to her friends (and to the people she had eaten with)? Only way to save face really.
          Last edited by PepperElf; 02-03-2013, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X