This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mystic View Post
    The pastor already paid the 18% on the bill so the server did get her tip. The 0 was for an additional tip. She also left $6 on the table.|
    To clarify, her first call to the place was to complain that she got charged 18% anyway, even though she scratched it out.

So, she did tip 18%, but not because she didn't try hard to get out of it.
    Last edited by Raveni; 02-01-2013, 04:00 PM. Reason: I can't spell resteraunt.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
      To clarify, her first call to the place was to complain that she got charged 18% anyway, even though she scratched it out.

So, she did tip 18%, but not because she didn't try hard to get out of it.
      True, however, it was paid none-the-less. This doesn't make her any less of a cheapskate, but it's not like the server didn't get her tip.
      Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
        True, however, it was paid none-the-less. This doesn't make her any less of a cheapskate, but it's not like the server didn't get her tip.
        I don't think the issue was ever over "they didn't tip" but "they wrote me this RUDE note"

oh and it's on PFB now too. which is interesting cos... the topic of whether or not employees should talk about customers has been launched: "So then any employee should be able to post anything about any customer at any time without any risk of repercussion? "

cos if that was the rule i think we'd all be fired.

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
          Got the tip and lost her job. Seems like a fair trade.

The pastor went out of her way on multiple levels to try to stiff the server. Not adding to the auto-grat is fine, I have no problem with that. But to scratch out the auto-grat, which is company policy, NOT initiated by the server, AND to add that snarky self-righteous self-serving note, AND to complaint to the restaurant about being charged the auto-grat anyway after scratching it out (in effect trying twice to avoid tipping), AND to show no remorse for her selfish actions, AND to show no empathy for the server who is now unemployed? Pardon me, but this is NOT the work of a Godly woman. These are the actions of a cheapskate SC who hides behind her job and religion to try to excuse her pathetic cheapness.

I know many devout Christians. I have friends who are devout Christians. I have waited on devout Christians. This is not Christianity. This is cheapness and pettiness, pure and simple.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

The streetwalkers have an honest description for this kind of lip service to principles...

A Blow Job.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

By the way, while the server got the tip, the server of the table was not the person who took the picture of the slip and posted it to the internet. So the server got the tip, and her amused coworker who thought using God as an excuse not to tip got fired.

Did the coworker show poor judgment in posting the photo to the internet? Yes.
              Did the pastor show poor judgment in writing such a note on a credit slip in today's instant internet age? Yes.

And today, one of them is still employed. And apparently not only wanted the other one fired, but wanted EVERYONE at that restaurant fired.

Lovely.

Still A Customer."

Comment

It's rude to write a note like that, unbiblical to brag about what you give to the church or whatever, and stupid to post stuff from work on the internet. Enough said.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post

as for the firing... the photo doesn't reveal the person's information that i can see. is there another version out there that shows the full name or something?
                  The original version on Reddit had the pastor's name on it. The server who posted it thought that it was loopy enough to not make sense of it. And gave a false description to try and further lead off the hounds.

Not that that stopped the Redditors.
                  Last edited by Ree; 02-01-2013, 08:48 PM. Reason: Trimmed quote
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                    The original version on Reddit had the pastor's name on it. The server who posted it thought that it was loopy enough to not make sense of it. And gave a false description to try and further lead off the hounds.

Not that that stopped the Redditors.
                    But having now seen the original photo on here http://ohnblog.com/newohnblog/2013/0...mployee-fired/ shows the last name very easily. Why the employee who posted it thought that nobody would be able to make it out (I was expecting chicken scratch) Bell is very legible and just google pastor and bell and the town bingo, name! How could she EVER think that nobody would get the name?

The only one in the right is the one who served them, laughed and stayed out of it, knowing that the auto tip would still go through. She is also probably the only one who has a job now.
                    Last edited by Titi; 02-02-2013, 01:04 AM.

Comment

There are a lot of people who do not understand how very powerful a search engine Google is. They don't understand that someone just having your last name and a tiny bit of information (like where in general you're located) could possibly let them find exactly who you are, where you live, and what your favorite color is.

I don't blame her for thinking that just because someone could read "Bell" that the rest of it being loopy (IE I cannot tell what the first name is) would be enough to obfuscate who exactly the person is.
                      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

This is being discussed on another online group I belong to, and apparently there are legal issues with (as in this case) posting a photo of a credit card receipt no matter what you block out (although the staff member might not have been in quite such serious trouble if she'd blacked out the signature). It's a privacy issue; credit card companies are very big on privacy and to paraphrase one person in my group, would you want to use a credit card if you knew the company wouldn't care that your receipts could be posted all over the internet? Probably not.

The person who was explaining all this said if the pastor had written the note on, say, a napkin, the worker would probably have been completely in the clear.

And somehow I don't believe she tithes 10% to God.

Comment

Here's a question I've been wondering about.

This pastor runs her own church. She says she gives (tithes) 10% of her income to God.

Well, doesn't tithing mean that you give 10% of your income to your church? And if her church is being run by her, isn't she basically giving 10% to herself?

For that matter, if her main income is from her parishioners, isn't she taking money from the church to give to the church? Isn't this a neverending loop?

These are the thoughts that hit my mind when I'm watching the freak shows on reality tv.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I wonder which church this pastor was from. Was she a cleric of Astilabor, or of Task? I suspect the latter. Even though she was polymorphed into humanoid form (I assume you know the difference between humans, demihumans, and humanoids), it's clear what family of religions her faith belongs to. Was she breathing fire (I doubt it) - if not, she was either white or black (note - this has nothing to do with elligibility to join either the KKK or the NAACP). Cookies for reference.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Here's a question I've been wondering about.

This pastor runs her own church. She says she gives (tithes) 10% of her income to God.

Well, doesn't tithing mean that you give 10% of your income to your church? And if her church is being run by her, isn't she basically giving 10% to herself?

For that matter, if her main income is from her parishioners, isn't she taking money from the church to give to the church? Isn't this a neverending loop?

These are the thoughts that hit my mind when I'm watching the freak shows on reality tv.
                              Some good questions! Somehow I doubt we're going to be getting any answers soon ...

I think she would argue that the 10% that goes towards the church goes towards things like heating, electricity, water, etc. and that means it's going towards God because it's enabling her to keep her "church" running.

One story also said she claimed to work at a second job which she never identified.

Comment

Another good question is why a god would need money. But that's an argument for fratching. It would be much more accurate to say that she gives the money to the church. If she actually does.

Comment

Working...
                                X