X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kisa View Post
    *snip*

Basically, nothing has changed. Mom doesn't want to kick her out or stop helping her so I don't thing anything will change at this point in time.
    Unfortunately, you're probably right. I like how Cindy's response to mom's request to stop coming in so late was, "I'm fine." Totally deflected the issue.

iradney has a good point: if your mom refuses to stand up to Cindy -- who has absolutely no reason to change -- perhaps you need to get a little tough with mom, and tell her that until she's prepared to help herself, you're not prepared to listen to her complain about the situation anymore.

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
    Just to let you guys know, Kisa is in China for the next couple of weeks, probably without internet access, just so you guys dont think she's suddenly ignoring you or anything.
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

Mom hasn't hit her limit yet. Until she does, Cindy won't change.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        The first thing that has to be done is stop her leeching. No more bailing her out. You've only got $17 left? Gee, that's too bad; looks like you're going to be on a tight budget until your next paycheque. Want to feed all your coworkers? Either you pay for your own food, or at least replace all of Mom's food that you use.
        Sounds like my brother. That fool was working, but never seemed to have any money. He could afford to blow money on things like playing hockey, video games, or other shit...but when asked to help treat our parents to a concert or something they'd enjoy...he'd whine about how he was "broke." Up until the past year, he was living with our parents, supposedly paying minimal rent, but otherwise sponging off them. Before he moved out, he was constantly bitching about how living there "sucked."

The sponging has lessened, but it still happens. About once a month, he'll have some sob story about how he needs something, or part of his crappy townhouse broke and he "can't afford" the repairs. He whines to my mother, and somehow gets her to buy him stuff.

He tried that shit with me, and I cut him off. I don't mind doing the occasional repair--provided that I don't have to buy tools and materials--but some of it was getting ridiculous. The last time I was over there, he wanted me to spend a crapload on various things and wanted me to "bill him later." I told him I couldn't do that, and he got upset.

My reaction? Fuck him. Like the OP's mom, I have my own bills to worry about. Plus, I really couldn't listen to any more bitching about his life. I knew, that if I drove over there, I'd get to listen to him drone on about how "mom forced me to buy this place," that he has no money, our other brother makes more than him, and on and on.

Sometimes, you have to cut the purse strings and get on with your life.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Kisa:
          Here's a little something your mom needs.

As my mom would say about this situation: If you're going to be a doormat, you shouldn't complain about being stepped on.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

YOU need to hit your limit with your Mum. Or let her think you have.

"No, Mum. Until you actually do something about Cindy, I don't want to hear it."
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
            X