Slow response from board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post

I am still getting the same message on those pages and cannot post to those pages.
    I logged in with one of my test accounts and verified that it was still happening. I noticed that where the reply box was supposed to be was the error message, which should never happen. If you're not authorized to reply, it simply shouldn't show up. As far as I can tell, any user group with custom permissions, such as being allowed to post replies but not topics, got corrupted. Any group with standard permissions, such as the admin and mod groups, were fine. So I reset the permissions back to the defaults and then re-customized them. It looks like both of these groups are working now. If anyone sees anything like this happening with any other groups, let us know.

Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

EricKei, yes the space was there. I just literally copy/pasted the error.

Comment

Thanks for the reports and feedback, all! Another user has reported that their inability to post on the Upgrade thread has now been resolved, as well, so please give it another try, all.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Looks like you all got the issues! Board is nice an speedy again and no errors for me. I know it's been a pain, but thank you for all the hard work.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
            Looks like you all got the issues! Board is nice an speedy again and no errors for me. I know it's been a pain, but thank you for all the hard work.
            Same! Seems to be working normal again. Thanks for the hard work in getting it fixed.

Comment

Yay, no more slowness!!

*does happy dance*
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I tried to do that, but got the message: 'You are not authorized to do any sort of dance in this forum, out of respect to the mental health and wellbeing of other forumers'.....
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

One visual oddity: when I load a thread by selecting the button for first unread post, I always have to scroll up a line or two to see the top of the post. It loads with the top of what's on screen about a line above the username.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                    One visual oddity: when I load a thread by selecting the button for first unread post, I always have to scroll up a line or two to see the top of the post. It loads with the top of what's on screen about a line above the username.
                    I'll have to keep an eye on that.

What device are you viewing with (phone, tablet, pc? - iPhone/Android/Amazon Fire, Windows,/Linux/Mac?), and which browser?
                    Is it different if you are full screen vs. windowed?
                    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Windows 10 laptop using Chrome. I run full-screen due to middle-aged eyes.
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                      X