Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a whole lot of "server busy" messages.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that was a biggie,

20:22 BST - 20:55 BST, I had the site running slow, then server busy, then 'internet explorer cannot find this website' then busy server.

Interestingly I also couldn't access Fratching when I had the 'IE cannot... 'message, which is a first for me.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

To cure it in the short term, I have to stop the html server, which should shut off all four sites this server hosts.

Rapscallion

Comment

Four sites, you mean there are another two I don't know about...?
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Yes.

Rapscallion

Comment

I got the server busy message at 8:56pm EST. Tried again several times and got the same message. When trying to access from my homepage got the can't locate the page message. I was able to access Fratching, but it was very slow.
            "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth freeatlast View Post
              I got the server busy message at 8:56pm EST. Tried again several times and got the same message. When trying to access from my homepage got the can't locate the page message. I was able to access Fratching, but it was very slow.
              Same thing happened to me twice yesterday once abuot noon and another time about 6:00 PDT. I also tried the fratching trick with the same results.
              Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Just had an issue. "Server too busy" at 5:05 GMT. Stayed that way for about 10 minutes. Ironically, this happened in the middle of perusing this very thread.
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

There's a slim chance it may have been fixed. Don't hold your breath, but the early signs are encouraging.

Rapscallion

Comment

4AM, GMT, to 4:30AM, GMT. Outage.

Just to note it.

Comment

• I caused this latest one, so I'm going to discuss with Pedersen and GBM the reasons - 9am Brit Time.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Better wake up early Pedersen.

I'll try to call you tomorrow night on Skype to find out what happened. (I consider myself kinda dumb so I'm learning)
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• Yup - caused this one as well, but it's getting us some information.

Rapscallion

Comment

• FYI - I'm getting a lot of these, too.

Who is your host, Rap?

Edit: never mind, it looks like it's 123-REG.CO.UK <-- I've never heard of them. At least it's not 1&1, though.
                            Quote Dalesys:
                            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• That's the registrar. The server is leased from webfusion.co.uk.

Rapscallion

Comment

• I'll go ahead and note the outage time/duration here: Sep 2, 2008, 12:05 to 12:35 am, edt, 5:05 to 5:35 am, server time.

Comment

Working...
                                X