X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Attach Files? Try This First

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    **MOD NOTE**

Don't hotlink images. It's not fair to the members who are still on dial-up, and there's a fair number of them.

Use the forum's attachment feature. Not only does it allow the page to load faster, it makes it so people have a choice of looking at any questionable images.

Thank you, and please carry on with the thread.
    The attachment feature does not come up for me either.

I have a photobucket account, but I'm not sure the picture I'd like to post won't be taken down.

If you're going to have this requirement, it might be a good idea to make that feature is working.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    The "manage attachments" link does not appear when I click the proper reply button mentioned in the FAQ.
    Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    The attachment feature does not come up for me either.
    So, when you hit reply, the
    Manage attachments" doesn't show up below the reply box in "Additional options"?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ree; 11-15-2009, 08:20 PM.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Nope. No "manage attachments" anyplace to be found.

Comment

Well, it would have been nice if someone had put it in site bugs, or PM'ed a mod instead of just making a post here and hoping a mod came across it at some point.

Manage attachments is obviously working, since many others have done it.
        There must something in the forum permissions of some members that needs to be adjusted.

I certainly can't see anything, but I'm not an admin.

I left a message in the mod forum so hopefully, someone with better access to the "guts" of the site can look into this and get it so that everyone can attach images.

Were you able to add attachments at some point, IPF?
        When I look at your attachment status, you still have lots of space, so you haven't reached a limit there.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Nope. No "manage attachments" anyplace to be found.
          Try this troublshooting sequence:

1. Hit Reply.

2. Scroll down to the box labelled "Additional Options." It should be the second section right beneath the "Reply to Thread" box.

3. Look on the upper right corner of the box. Is there plus sign there?

4. If yes, please click on it to expand the box and tell me what options categories are available to you. For example I see the following categories: Miscellaneous Options, Attach Files, Thread Subscription, etc.

5. If no, then the box is already expanded. Please tell me what options categories are available to you as detailed in step 4.
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Additionally, you can use "post reply" then the "paperclip" icon, which should be in the top row of the reply box (same row as "fonts", "sizes" the "A" and the "smiley"). That will get you the same pop-up box as Dips' method. Check to make sure the pop-up isn't being blocked by your browser.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
              Try this troublshooting sequence:

1. Hit Reply.

2. Scroll down to the box labelled "Additional Options." It should be the second section right beneath the "Reply to Thread" box.

3. Look on the upper right corner of the box. Is there plus sign there?

4. If yes, please click on it to expand the box and tell me what options categories are available to you. For example I see the following categories: Miscellaneous Options, Attach Files, Thread Subscription, etc.

5. If no, then the box is already expanded. Please tell me what options categories are available to you as detailed in step 4.
              Per #4: I have:

Miscellaneous Option
              .....Show your signature
              .....Automatically parse links in text
              .....Disable smilies in text

Thread Subscription
              .....Notification Type
              .....(selection box)

Rate Thread
              .....If you like, you can add a score for this thread.
              .....(selection box)

There is no additional options or a paper clip icon.

And thanks for pointing out the Site Bugs area. I was not aware of it and will use it next time.

And I can post images in other areas.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I moved these posts to the Site Suggestions forum so others would be able to see it and let us know if they can't attach files.

So far Jack has reported not having the Additional options box when he hits reply or a paper clip icon in the first row of buttons in the message box.

We were unable to replicate that issue, but have upgraded the forum software since the Jack's report. Are you still experiencing that issue since the software upgrade, Jack? If yes, please PM me and I'll give you my email address so you can send me a screen shot of your Reply screen.

Anyone else who is missing the paperclip icon (it is at the top of the gray box where you type your replies in the first row of buttons) or the Additional options box (see post #5 to find out where to look for it), please feel free to send me a PM.

IPF, since you haven't replied to my post or Broom's after a week, I assume you found the feature to be working just fine for you. If that is not the case, then you will have to tell us. Mind reading is not amongst our tech support skill set...yet.

You're welcome.
                Last edited by Dips; 11-24-2009, 11:23 AM.
                The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Okay, I found the paper clip in the first row of the message box, so that must mean things are working correctly.

Comment

Working...
                  X