This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fratching!

I registered at Fratching about 3.5 hours (or so) ago, and I still have not received any email to activate my account. I double checked the email I entered, and it is correct. I checked my junk mail also. Is this a typical wait time, or has something gone wrong?

Thanks!
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

I've dealt with it - you should be able to post now. Going to have to look into that email thing.

Rapscallion

Comment

I looked at it too, but it looks like Raps was a bit quicker on the draw than I was.

I did notice you registered with a Hotmail address. IIRC, we've always had problems with those, and I think the previous owner of CS even went as far as to disallow those because of all the trouble we were having with them.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I seem to remember that was down to spammers using it as a source of cheap email addies, but I've slept since then. That email I did to inactive accounts? Over ten percent have bounced back to me, and most of them are hotmail.

Rapscallion

Comment

:Note to self: Don't register under the hotmail account(s).

Got it.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            That email I did to inactive accounts? Over ten percent have bounced back to me, and most of them are hotmail.

Rapscallion
            Yeah, sorry Raps, the one person who signed up using my link in my LJ was (I think) Hotmail. And he's never posted ever. My bad!
            ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

It's not too bad on here as I have a forum that can only be seen by mods and people awaiting email confirmation giving instructions on how to contact me about this.

Rapscallion

Comment

Also having trouble with fratching.com. I registered some time ago, never got the email reply. Tried to login, but can't. I also have a hotmail account.

Comment

Sqall - post away

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                    Sqall - post away

Rapscallion
                    Yaahh.....um...my password must not be working. For fratching.com of course. I can see my name on the member list though.

Comment

Hmm - you should be able to request it resent - alternatively I can set it to something of your choice. If you PM me that, I can alter it and you can then change it to something else.

Rapscallion

Comment

Raps--will Gmail addresses work? Cause if anyone wants one, I still have about a squillion invites
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Not had any major problems with gmail, so if you don't mind people PMing you for them...

Rapscallion

Comment

Not at all; I certainly have more than I can use.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Actually, you don't need an invite or a cell phone to be able use gmail anymore! Seems Google decided to open it up to everyone. If you go to www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount you can sign up for a Google account that will give you access to gmail and a bunch of other things.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X