Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went to school near where this riot took place.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to school near where this riot took place.

http://www.correctionsone.com/riots/...o-prison-riot/

When I say near, I mean NEAR. Then they decided that one school near it was not good enough..now all the schools are near it. Two of which are less then two football field lengths away.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Quoth Mytical View Post
    http://www.correctionsone.com/riots/...o-prison-riot/

When I say near, I mean NEAR. Then they decided that one school near it was not good enough..now all the schools are near it. Two of which are less then two football field lengths away.
    I'm not surprised. I recall a district in Arizona or New Mexico that built a *grade school* across the street from a plant manufacturing *explosives*.

They did it over the objections of the plant (which had been the biggest employer in the area ever since it started up decades before).

After a few years of wrangling, the plant moved. To another state. And the local economy tanked. So did the school budgets.

Comment

I can understand the explosive plant owners' desire to not have a school built next to the factory. Industrial accidents happen, and the press the company involved receives is bad enough without a school full of kids being wiped out in the bargain. I understand that there were apartment buildings near a certain fertilizer plant in Texas - I realize hindsight is 20/20, but places like that would be better off to buy a BIG piece of farmland, set up in the middle of it, and lease out the "potential crater" area as farmland. That way, the headline would be something along the lines of "200 acres of cornfield wiped out in explosion".

What were the people at the school district thinking? Good for the company moving.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
      X