This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You could not PAY me to ride this...

Well, maybe...if the check was good and had enough zeroes on it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfBBq04ZScE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingda_Ka

Height: 456 feet.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

I have been on Top Thrill at Cedar Point front seat. I would do this any day of the week.

Comment

Eh. Too short of a ride. It's a cool concept, but I have other coasters that I prefer.

Of course, I have always preferred wooden coasters to the modern steel ones...
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
        Eh. Too short of a ride. It's a cool concept, but I have other coasters that I prefer.

Of course, I have always preferred wooden coasters to the modern steel ones...
        Some are now "Hybrid". Like at Six Flags Over Texas, they re-did the Texas Giant, so it now has a wooden structure, but steel tracks.

Comment

Meh. Too short.

Comment

Quoth Lurking Sockpuppet View Post
            Meh. Too short.
            I think it's supposed to be more about the speed and the height than the length of the ride.

That almost sounded sexual...

Comment

I'll do coasters, but not the acceleration ones. I rode whatever Six Flags NJ had for one back in the late 90s (maybe Batman and Robin?), and it just destroyed my inner ear for the following day. I was fine until waking up the next morning, and as I was getting up fell out of bed. The world just spun and I couldn't make my brain understand which way was up. Not fun. And I've not tried another one since.
              But the paint on me is beginning to dry
              And it's not what I wanted to be
              The weight on me
              Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                I think it's supposed to be more about the speed and the height than the length of the ride.

That almost sounded sexual...
                Some designers often us "orgasmic" as a term for some of their rides soo...
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Moved to CIO
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Here is the video for Top Thrill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAOQBlDDC7M

Comment

That was a pretty short ride

i don't mind wild coasters - i road one electromagnetic one that was WILD - but... i'd prefer something that was longer than that one

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
                        I'll do coasters, but not the acceleration ones. I rode whatever Six Flags NJ had for one back in the late 90s (maybe Batman and Robin?), and it just destroyed my inner ear for the following day. I was fine until waking up the next morning, and as I was getting up fell out of bed. The world just spun and I couldn't make my brain understand which way was up. Not fun. And I've not tried another one since.
                        Exactly! People do not understand how I can ride coasters but not acceleration coasters. I love coaster's but even the old acceleration loops (the ones that just shot you through the loop and back) I couldn't do.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                          Some are now "Hybrid". Like at Six Flags Over Texas, they re-did the Texas Giant, so it now has a wooden structure, but steel tracks.
                          I used to love the Giant back when it was 100% wood...went there all the time when my dad was still alive.

I would totally go on this one though...I'm an amusement park junkie, so there's no ride too crazy. I've even gone on the Zipper, which AFAIK causes the most injuries of any amusement park ride out there
                          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                          "What IS fun to fight through?"
                          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                            They did?! Aww.

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
                              Exactly! People do not understand how I can ride coasters but not acceleration coasters. I love coaster's but even the old acceleration loops (the ones that just shot you through the loop and back) I couldn't do.
                              No, I understand. I have a friend who loves coasters but she can't do the electromagnetic ones cos it affects her head differently than the other coasters. (brain tumor)

Or like me and loop-de-loop rides that go in a giant arc or circle and keep leaving you upside down etc. Enough of those and I'll vomit. But a straight-drop / freefall ride doesn't affect me. Except in being awesome. (and coasters - those don't make me sick either)

Comment

Working...
                              X