X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ima just leave this here. Amy's Baking Company Dubstep Remix:
    https://soundcloud.com/mustdiemusic/...ys-bakery#play
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

• Quoth patiokitty View Post
      Amy claimed on the show that she makes everything herself. But after everything that has come down about her, their products, and the entire restaurant, you really have to wonder how she'd be able to make all that in her tiny kitchen. There really just isn't enough room from what I could see. I've worked in some pretty cramped kitchens but short of having a team of 2-3 people working (working as a team and not having one person do most of the work) I can't see how she could actually be doing everything she has claimed to have made. So yeah, obviously a majority of the product is bought elsewhere - a lot of places do that, but these other places don't have the balls to try to pass that stuff off as their own work.
      The kitchens shown in in no way set up as a pastry kitchen to make those cakes. Watch Cake Boss, look at the specialized tools and equipment they have to make their cakes. All Amy has is a small pizza oven, a 6-10 burner range/conventional oven and a fryer. Unless she has another kitchen and equipment somewhere, I doubt she is making those.

Comment

• I do have to wonder how Amy would cope on Hell's Kitchen .

(They HAVE had pastry chefs on the show before)
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Somewhere along the lines she has admitted to buying and repackaging all those desserts but that is now deleted, naturally.
          It's probably been saved on Reddit though. They've been taking screencaps of everything.
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• I feel sorry for that PR person, I really do...
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Also, if anybody has been following Amy on Tumblr, she appears to have 'turned over a new leaf': http://amybouzagloofficial.tumblr.com/ I don't believe it for a second, personally, but perhaps the PR person she hired is making her do this.
              It's not impossible. If she saw herself on TV and saw how awfully she'd behaved, maybe she was embarrassed enough to realize she brought it onto herself. She did mention therapy and anger management classes on Tumblr; I hope she does take them.

People can and do change. It takes a lot of effort, and sometimes it falls through, but it's a worthy endeavor, especially when it does work. If Amy is truly seeking to change herself for the better, I wish her the best of luck. (And I hope Samy does the same. They should both be doing this together.)
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• ...The best part is the post right before her apology.
                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

• I for one, having had a batshit crazy mother who acted like Amy and worse, dont believe it. I believe it was the PR person she hired. Actually, I'm more inclined to believe that he's taken over the tumblr account.

We'll see what happens at their grand re-opening.
                  Random conversation:
                  Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                  DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

• I wonder if being charged with stolen work/pictures has caused this change.

Comment

• Quoth Lachrymose View Post
                      It *has* to be because Samy was already rich going into it. I'll bet the only reason is because he can afford to keep financing it. (Unless it *is* that whole money-laundering thing...but that's a pretty big speculative leap at this point imo)
                      First off, and completely off topic, but your avatar is far too appropriate for this thread

Now, as to the money-laundering being a big leap... it is, but it might not be nearly as big of a leap as you think. Let's examine the (admittedly circumstancial) evidence, the restaurant has stayed open despite not having a customer base to support it, Samy is the only one allowed to use the POS, and the couple has had criminal charges for bank fraud before.
                      For me the POS is the most damning. My accountant spider senses tingled when he said he was the only one allowed to use it. Most companies require their cash handlers to have their drawers double counted both at beginning and end of shift, and accountants are as a general rule required to take mandatory vacations when their work can be checked free of interference. Samy is ensuring that no one is checking cash or accounting records... which really screams out that either he has some massive trust issues, or he's hiding something.
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Amy is crazier than a bag of cats...you can probably smell the crazy coming off of her.
                        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Here's the latest. They are hosting a job fair and looking to hire 30.

Grand re-opening tomorrow (Tuesday the 21st). Let's see how that goes.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                            *snip*
                            For me the POS is the most damning. My accountant spider senses tingled when he said he was the only one allowed to use it. Most companies require their cash handlers to have their drawers double counted both at beginning and end of shift, and accountants are as a general rule required to take mandatory vacations when their work can be checked free of interference. Samy is ensuring that no one is checking cash or accounting records... which really screams out that either he has some massive trust issues, or he's hiding something.
                            Second this. One paper where I worked had a woman working in the circulation department who didn't take a vacation or indeed any time off for a decade or more, thus never needing a temporary replacement for her position. The nice owners believed in the "one big happy family" approach and apparently that never sent up warning flares.

You can see where this is going. When she was finally caught, it was found she'd embezzled $2.2 million from the paper.

So yeah, either he's controlling in a VERY big way, or there's something very fishy going on.

Comment

With the amount of negative publicity that this place has gotten ....
                              Dangit! You just reminded me of an old news business adage: "There is no such thing as bad publicity."

As evidence of that...Before all of this kerfluffle broke out, there were probably a few thousand people in that town who had heard of the place *at all*, and few hundred more from out of town/state. Now, pretty much TEH INT3RN3T$ knows about them, and sooner or later, some will get curious. If they're still around in five years, most of those who've heard of them will stop in because they remember that the place IS (in)famous, but not WHY.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth Pixilated View Post
                                You can see where this is going. When she was finally caught, it was found she'd embezzled $2.2 million from the paper.
                                I'd like to know how they didn't notice over $200,000 missing every year...
                                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
                                X