Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way, there are a few petitions on the White House website relating to ABC...

One is here:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...tique/9Ff495Px

Another is here:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...itted/q5JK3hhw

There may be more, I just didn't look.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Hah. I found a PBS video on them here: http://www.azpbs.org/checkplease/seg...nt.php?id=5510

I love how she says "the concept of our restaurant is mainly farm fresh organic food made from scratch." Well we all know now that her idea of "scratch" is to buy store-bought stuff and then claim she made it herself.

I don't have the tolerance to watch the rest of this though.

And yes, I'll be checking up for updates on the reopening. Several people on one of my other message boards are in the area and I think are planning on checking it out.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
        I'd like to know how they didn't notice over $200,000 missing every year...
        I don't remember the details and probably didn't understand them even when they were freshly reported (there's a reason I'm not in bookkeeping, LOL), but she was finagling the records in such a way that yes, it did show their circulation revenue was dropping, but it looked as though the cause was fewer subscriptions ... not somebody pocketing a truckload of ca$h every year. She finally got caught when, for some reason, she actually did take time off and of course they brought someone in on a temp basis to cover ...

You will probably not be surprised to hear that, according to the rumour mill, when the temp first noticed massive discrepancies, nobody believed her. They thought she was screwing up.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
          I'd like to know how they didn't notice over $200,000 missing every year...
          Depending on how much revenue the company has, $200,000 could be normal fluctuations from year to year. I mean, I used to work for a hotel that only average 1.3million a year in revenue, but even with that small of an average the actual numbers were anywhere from 1.1 to 1.6 million... making a good year look like an average year or an average year look like a bad year wouldn't be that hard if you knew what you were doing.

eta- the job fair is Sunday May 17... umm... I know I am not an expert on the Gregorian calendar, but the next Sunday May 17 is going to be in 2015...
          Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 05-20-2013, 09:49 PM. Reason: really not an expert on the gregorian calendar
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Sounds like a good plan to me. Two years would be enough time for people to forget the online blowout...

That is if Samy and Amy can learn to keep their mouths shut.

Comment

• Oh very nice. I guess the PR people got sick of their shit too.
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                By the way, there are a few petitions on the White House website relating to ABC...

One is here:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...tique/9Ff495Px

Another is here:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...itted/q5JK3hhw

There may be more, I just didn't look.
                Love how the petition to have Amy committed has many more signatures than the one to have ABC investigated for labor violations.

Quoth PepperElf View Post

And yes, I'll be checking up for updates on the reopening. Several people on one of my other message boards are in the area and I think are planning on checking it out.
                They claim to have 1,000 people requesting tickets. Maybe they think they'll get a free show with their store-bought, warmed-over, mediocre dinner.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• I like how they're claiming the press release is a "no-go" because of Fox AND online bullies? Sounds more like they got spoken to about their contract and... they just want to put the "bully" part in to try to continue their claim that the food is good and that it's just "online bullies" who think it's crappy.

i think it's more telling that the PR company is pulling a ramsay and saying "we're outta here" too. perhaps they got tired of her tirades and bs hacking claims. and perhaps they realized that representing bat-shit-crazy isn't going to do much for their image either.
                  Last edited by PepperElf; 05-21-2013, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    I like how they're claiming the press release is a "no-go" because of Fox AND online bullies? Sounds more like they got spoken to about their contract and... they just want to put the "bully" part in to try to continue their claim that the food is good and that it's just "online bullies" who think it's crappy.

i think it's more telling that the PR company is pulling a ramsay and saying "we're outta here" too. perhaps they got tired of her tirades and bs hacking claims. and perhaps they realized that representing bat-shit-crazy isn't going to do much for their image either.
                    Or maybe the PR company weren't being paid?
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Someone PLEASE tell me they're gonna find out how this "Grand Opening" (which could very well be a train wreck) went, and post details!

Please??
                      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• That too perhaps.

Oh. and yeah... the more I read about this the more it's clear the cancellation is because Fox reminded them of their contract rather than the "hype" about bullies.

http://consumerist.com/2013/05/21/am...ction-company/

The article links to a copy of the letter which specifies that the contract they signed forbids them talking about the show - and specifically bans them from "disparaging" the show, host, or producers. And that if they continue they face a possibility of paying a fine of $100,000 EACH.

Personally I suspect this is why they claimed they were "hacked" - to avoid paying out $200K in compensation. Ain't any way they can steal enough tips to cover that kind of bill.

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          They claim to have 1,000 people requesting tickets. Maybe they think they'll get a free show with their store-bought, warmed-over, mediocre dinner.
                          More likely simple morbid curiosity.

At the risk of 'jacking Mytical's theme song thread, I present my proposal for Amy's theme song.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Curiosity, yes -- I'd bet on that. Imagine the numbers of people who will be returning food...
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• On my mobile so can't link, but just saw an article saying Samy may be deported! He's involved in a case over his immigration status.
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                                On my mobile so can't link, but just saw an article saying Samy may be deported! He's involved in a case over his immigration status.
                                Is this it?

Also, from the looks of it, it mustn't have been THAT popular because the nearby restaurant was drawing more business!
                                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                                X