• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's it! Thanks.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Who wants to bet that he's only with her for the immigration thing?
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• I say this place will be shut down in six months to a year tops. Oh crap I shouldn't of said that. According to Amy I'm probably now an "cyber bully" for giving my opinion on her little hot dog stand restaurant. I'll be waiting for Amy and her gangsta husband to sue me for slander now.
        New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
        New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

• Quoth Tama View Post
          Who wants to bet that he's only with her for the immigration thing?
          He lived in Los Angeles before meeting her.

Not sure what the requirements are for US citizenship, but if he was going to pull the marriage scam, then he's done it quite subtly.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Didn't realize that.

But I submit that it could be a valid reason for putting up with her bullshit.
            My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

• Quoth Tama View Post
              Didn't realize that.

But I submit that it could be a valid reason for putting up with her bullshit.
              Don't worry, I'm not discounting your theory, it's quite valid.

Most people I've seen who pull the "marriage for citizenship" scam tend to leave as soon as the paperwork is completed, leaving an angry ex-husband/wife to report their partners doings to immigration. If he was sticking around longer, it might've been more convenient for him to avoid immigration.
              Last edited by fireheart; 05-22-2013, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Found one person on Twitter who apparently was at the "reopening" tonight:

https://twitter.com/JimmyNova

Oh and a blog review:

http://girlvsplanet.com/2013/05/live...aking-company/

Me personally it's pretty obvious they wanted to make sure their little "reopening" was an staged event with selected people in order to shut up the "bullies" on Yelp, Reddit, etc. Give them a little time before it's back to Crazy Amy being Crazy Amy.
                Last edited by Demolition Man; 05-22-2013, 07:19 AM.
                New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

• I was trying to agree with you, I should have been less...I should have written more to sound less curt.
                  My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

• Quoth Demolition Man View Post

Me personally it's pretty obvious they wanted to make sure their little "reopening" was an staged event with selected people in order to shut up the "bullies" on Yelp, Reddit, etc. Give them a little time before it's back to Crazy Amy being Crazy Amy.
                    Pretty much this.

It also doesn't excuse the notoriety that she's gotten ANYWAY. It also won't stop the "bullies" from coming back.

Comment

• If Samy really did put $1 million of his own money into that place for Amy, that says a few things, too.

#1, he probably had money when they met.
                      #2, it's highly probable she married him for his money.
                      #3, she's a trophy wife/gold digger.

Samy seemed VERY passive around her. She's definitely domineering toward him.
                      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• thanks for the twitter link. reading the drama now.
                        #Amysbakingco

the man you linked to reported some drama, and that the pizza wasn't good. others have reported that reporters were kicked out and that cops were on scene.

Also Oralia Ortega (reporter) has some interesting tweets too about the ongoing drama.

and you might be right about the marriage-citizenship. according to azcentral.com Samy had a deportation hearing on Monday, but it's unrelated to the kitchen show, and appears to be related to criminal history he did not disclose before immigrating to the US. He's refusing to comment however.

oh and armed guards for the opening day to prevent media and gawkers.

so pretty much what we expected. an attempt to have a staged event, and amy/samy dramarama still kicking in anyway.
                        Last edited by PepperElf; 05-22-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• If someone had submitted this to an editor as fiction, that writer would be laughed out the door. Truth is truly stranger.....but then, in the end fiction makes sense. All the baggage they both have and they go out of the way to call attention to themselves. What are they smoking and did they bring enough for everyone?
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            and you might be right about the marriage-citizenship. according to azcentral.com Samy had a deportation hearing on Monday, but it's unrelated to the kitchen show, and appears to be related to criminal history he did not disclose before immigrating to the US. He's refusing to comment however.
                            I'm going to ask this since I'm not American, but what are the rules regarding people with criminal records?

Over here, the rules are that if you've had JAIL time for 12 months or more, you're screwed. While they do review every scenario on a case-by-case basis, the chances of getting in are pretty SOL. So if you've racked up a few dozen speeding fines, you're OK. If you've hit someone and got a fine, OK. If you've killed someone, you're fucked.

Comment

• Quoth fireheart View Post
                              I'm going to ask this since I'm not American, but what are the rules regarding people with criminal records?
                              http://www.thakerlaw.com/naturalization/

This seems to have a lot of good information, and what is considered to be "Bars to Naturalization". I rather suspect that the fact Samy never disclosed his criminal history to begin with (barred from France & Germany for drug & extortion charges) may be just the tip of the iceberg.

And I'm sure his behavior on the show (especially confessing to stealing tips from employees) isn't going to help his case much either.

Comment

• I haven't yet seen the video (a train wreck no doubt) but I've been following this saga both here and on some other sites. And from what I've been reading...

1) I'm waiting for the IRS, State Tax Bureau and City Tax Bureau to start going through their tax records (both business and personal) with a _very_ discerning eye.

2) I'm waiting for more ex-workers to start telling their stories about what's been going on here. I think this is only the tip of the iceberg and that smileyeagle1021 is right about Samy's paranoia about being the only one to handle the register being a _huge_ red flag.

3) I'm wating for whatever banks they do business with to start taking a _much_ closer look at what's been going on. Somehow I don't see these people getting credit anytime soon. In fact, I really see these people just walking away leaving lots of debt behind.

4) I'm hoping INS sends Samy packing, and Amy can go with him.

I'm afraid all the publicity is going to keep this place afloat for awhile longer, but eventually this ship should sink.
                                Last edited by eltf177; 05-22-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X