This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
    Also, a blog of restaurants for both the UK and US versions of the show and which are still open and which have closed.
    56% open by my calcs. How soon 'til Amy's place tips down it closer to 50%....any takers?
    Quoth Eevie View Post
    Have these people never heard of "Don't feed the trolls"? They wouldn't be getting this kind of publicity if they'd just left it be.
    With turnover of that magnitude (do they really believe that those 100 they fired will speak highly of them?), and the kind of yelp reviews they have been getting (FWIW, I have no reason to believe that the slow service was staged); they must be operating under the theory that publicity is publicity....good or bad.

Interestingly the tripadvisor reviews are mostly positive:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...e_Arizona.html
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Can't tell if serious or trolling.

I've watched the entire episode. Gordon Ramsay has this image of being a yelling, ranting ball of anger but he showed a lot of restraint at ABC. He raised his voice very little, if at all.

But yet, somehow, he's the bad guy. Either the reporter is a friend of Amy and Sami, or didn't watch the episode.

Quoth PepperElf
      The girl & man with the ball cap & baby were the ones turned away
      According to a commenter on that news story, it's because of the kid. Apparently Amy is incapable of having children (and we should all be very thankful for that) and Sami doesn't want her to be traumatized at the sight of them.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Should Amy's count on either side? Gordon didn't have a chance to do anything before he got out of there so fast, he left a dust cloud.

GR in general does tend to have some good ideas about running places and cooking in general. But Fox seems to have decided that Ramsey should be all Shouting All The Time, which is a shame. A lot of the better UK Kitchen Nightmares were better because it was just Ramsey contemplating on their situation and trying to help.

This ep too, beside the crazy owner, was nice because even Gordon kept his voice down. He clearly recognized the craziness he was getting into and was doing his best not to escalate until he finally called it quits.

I suspect he realized the desserts weren't "Home made" no matter what the owner said, but didn't call them on it. Unless "Home made" means "Costco bought and cut along the cut lines"

At least Masterchef starts soon and we'll see a somewhat less screaming side of Ramsey.

Comment

For those who don't have the time to go through all the posts on the restaurant's Facebook wall, Consumerist.com provides a "best of" of the most epic messages:

http://consumerist.com/2013/05/14/am...book-meltdown/
          A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
            In general, I absolutely hate Gordon Ramsay. I'm not impressed with his cooking (caveat: I've neveer eaten it, but his recipes and what I've seen just don't appeal to me) and anyone that thinks that motivation has to include screaming and harassment really needs a cricket bat upside the head.
            Don't know about his cooking, as I, too, have never eaten it, but you can tell that he does know what he's doing as he explains how ingredients come together. He just likes different things.

And he doesn't usually scream and harass. The UK version is far more fair in editing and allows us to see that Gordon is simply passionate. He starts yelling when you're doing stuff that's way over the line (lying to customers, poor hygiene in the kitchen, and occasionally if you're really not listening to him). The US version seems to think that him getting upset is what entertains the audience and so play that up. Which I think is a shame and undermines his image a bit.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
              Don't know about his cooking, as I, too, have never eaten it, but you can tell that he does know what he's doing as he explains how ingredients come together. He just likes different things.

And he doesn't usually scream and harass. The UK version is far more fair in editing and allows us to see that Gordon is simply passionate. He starts yelling when you're doing stuff that's way over the line (lying to customers, poor hygiene in the kitchen, and occasionally if you're really not listening to him). The US version seems to think that him getting upset is what entertains the audience and so play that up. Which I think is a shame and undermines his image a bit.
              That might entirely be the case. What I've seen of Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen were mostly yelling. Guess I prefer the way Robert Irving handles things on Kitchen: Impossible. Yes, he can raise his voice, but it doesn't seem to happen that often, and he's been quite helpful.

Wonder how long he would have lasted with these two jackasses...
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

http://now.msn.com/kitchen-nightmare...id=vt_fbmsnnow

MSN finally took on the story with a update on that they were hacked and are now working with the FBI to fix this...

Comment

....right. Because Facebook hacking is going to immediately concern the FBI?

Do they really think anybody's going to be fooled by this?
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

I've watched the entire episode. Gordon Ramsay has this image of being a yelling, ranting ball of anger but he showed a lot of restraint at ABC. He raised his voice very little, if at all.
                    Despite the yelling, screaming view, he is actually fairly calm and composed.

According to a commenter on that news story, it's because of the kid. Apparently Amy is incapable of having children (and we should all be very thankful for that) and Sami doesn't want her to be traumatized at the sight of them.
                    Not to demean anyone who's infertile and aware of it, but unless she only found out fairly recently, she would've had more than enough time to be able to cope with seeing children around. Does she avoid going outside in case she sees them?

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                    That might entirely be the case. What I've seen of Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen were mostly yelling.
                    There are times across all 11 seasons (yes, 11 this is including the current season ) of Hell's Kitchen where he's actually been fairly calm and collected about things. He's usually fairly calm during the challenges (unless a contestant REALLY screws up), but there have been times where he's talked to various contestants and actually encouraged them to speak up, fight back and what have you. He's also shown to be fairly understanding of most contestants who've left due to injury/illness.

Admittedly, a restaurant can be a very loud place and sometimes yelling IS the only way to get things across.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

"hacked" - yeah that's the modern catch phrase for "we fucked up and don't want to take blame for our own actions"

and yeah i think the whole "fbi" thing is bs.

although I'm sure the IRS would like a word with them.

Comment

Have they not learned that what gets posted on Facebook can be found with a bit of searching, aka what's posted on the internet, stays on the internet?

I seriously doubt she was hacked. After all, the posts came at a time they were closed. Funny how you don't hear boo from them until two hours ago. Interesting.
                        Random conversation:
                        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

But yet, somehow, he's the bad guy. Either the reporter is a friend of Amy and Sami, or didn't watch the episode.
                          Even on the British one, he seems to say "fuck" or "fucking hell" a lot -- I certainly don't claim not to swear, but after a while it just gets annoying ... as does his William Shatner imitations ("Time for me to take my shirt off again!")

Really? So does he run down the streets clearing people with kids out of the way before she turns the corner so she doesn't have to look at them?

Like Fireheart, I'd normally have a lot of compassion for people in that situation, but her bloody awful treatment of Everybody Else in the World doesn't entitle her to much sympathy.

Comment

is that why he kicked out the family with a baby?
                            although she was claiming online that she was trying to have one.

Comment

Here is a youtube video (crappy audio warning) that was uploaded in 2010, when they defended themselves against the attitude towards the yelp reviewer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nexQhKIx39Q

I think the pizza she made looks disgusting. And this also proves that the show didn't exaggerate anything. They were to same way on the news.

Comment

Saw this article on yahoo tonight.

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/ki...182329445.html
                                "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

Working...
                                X