Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder is Sammy is going to change his tune about taking the waitresses tips when the Dept of Labor comes down on their collective butts.

DOL: A tip is the sole property of the tipped employee regardless of whether the employer takes a tip credit. The FLSA prohibits any arrangement between the employer and the tipped employee whereby any part of the tip received becomes the property of the employer.

Damn - I was in Scottsdale two weeks ago and I was driving down E. Shea Blvd. - pretty glad I missed this wonderful little bistro.
    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Wow. I'd give the like a day-day and a half before they start spewing hate again, I have never seen this level of total shittonofcrazy before. It's very entertaining.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

https://soundcloud.com/mustdiemusic/...ys-bakery#play

and apparently a "new" fb page "Amy's Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro New Official" - but if it's them, it's pretty much a repeat of the insanity from yesterday with the all-caps, swearing, name-calling, and how holy they are.... and that they're going to take action against everyone who says boo to them.

I'm surprised they're not taking "action" against the parodies yet. Like this one on FB: https://www.facebook.com/CrazyAmysBakingCompany?fref=ts

Comment

Damn, where's that "dis gun b good" GIF when you need it?!

ETA: Someone posted on the parody page this link. http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellycla..._medium=social

You know you've become notorious when Forbes does an article on you
          And reading through the comments, looks like the owners did not count on people actually bothering to check the archives.

Unless they were hacked TWO YEARS AGO, there's no way that the comments now (the "hacked ones") were hacked.

And finally, for those who are wondering about Gordon's reactions (ie those of us who do not watch Kitchen Nightmares at all), here are the quoted sections. (courtesy of Wikiquote)

Gordon: I can't help people... that can't help themselves... that cannot ever take one ounce of criticism. And if you're not willing to change, I'm not going to butt heads, argue, scream, whatever you want to say. But, this is not normal. And it's not normal for a restaurant to go through that many staff. It's not normal for a kitchen that small to have 65 items on the menu. And it's not normal for the level of animosity that you built inside this restaurant and outside. You have the right to run the business the way you want to run your business. I have the right to do the right thing. And the right thing for me... is to get out of here. Good luck.
          Gordon: Well, it's finally happened. After almost a hundred Kitchen Nightmares, I met two owners who I could not help. It wasn't because I didn't want to, it was because they are incapable of listening. And in a short period of time, they've managed to piss off the community and go through over a hundred employees in one year. Samy and Amy continued to blame everyone else, yet their biggest problem is themselves. And I know whatever changes I would've made, they were never going to stick with them and that's why I've decided to do something I've never done before. It's such a shame.
          Last edited by fireheart; 05-15-2013, 02:52 PM.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

good point cos on their FB they still have comments up where they call people "pussies" and "camel-toe mafia" from last year.

obviously the "hackers" are so good they know how to post stuff in the past too, right?

O wait. apparently they ARE claiming that on one of their other FB pages - that the hacker put "fake dates" on the images they're accused of stealing. (ignoring that this supposed "hacker" somehow managed to upload some of the images to ... several hundred other sites overnight?
            Quoth https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amys-Baking-Company-Bakery-Boutique-Bistro-Page/304584339673227
            When we were hacked the hacker stole our photo from website and facebook pages, then posted to other internet sites and put fake dates on them.
            also on the same page:
            By coming to this page you agree to a legally binding contract to not post derogatory comments or images.
            Didn't realize you could invent your own contracts on FB, but apparently they think so.

we so need a "derp face" here
            Last edited by PepperElf; 05-15-2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I'm re-watching the episode. It's like a train wreck.
              Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

This woman is truly and utterly insane:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bel...ona_taping.php
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ef=mostpopular

Some more updates on the crazy train!

Although I will admit, I'd honestly wouldn't be surprised if the second page were set up by somebody else.
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

the second page is down, but the third is still up - the one I quoted.

also their "personal" fb is still up too . not worth looking at though cos it's just a link to yelp with an image of someone squatting over what looks like a giant cookie-dough poopie.

although the image she posted on it does fit her... except for the baking part since she's already revealed that she doesn't bake her own stuff. and the "lady" part too. Come to think of it, is she ever happy? Her husband even admitted to Ramsay that he can't tell her when she's made a mistake.

and ANOTHER new FB, with a post under the new name but signed "~Admin B" demanding that everyone leave them alone. I can only wonder if this is them or a troll account (hard to tell at this point), and if it's them are they trying to make people think the FB admin is posting to their account now to help them?

At any rate, a couple of guys on another message board I go to live in the area and have gone there to check it out. I won't repost their pics but ... they have reported: closed signs & "now hiring" signs for ALL positions (i'm guessing the girl that GR tipped is fired?). and apparently some more news vans showed up too. One of the guys said he'll swing by tomorrow to see if there's more.
                    Last edited by PepperElf; 05-16-2013, 12:41 AM.

Comment

So I read the HP article.

Holy crap....

I don't care who you are, but directly insulting people about their weight is NOT the way to go about things.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        Damn, where's that "dis gun b good" GIF when you need it?!

Feeling a little highbrow tonight.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Irv, that made me laugh more than the story itself!
                          "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I finally watched that last night. That's a super special kind of crazy. I looked at their Facebook page too. They took down all the super crazy stuff, but people already have screen caps saved. Now they insist their Facebook page has been hacked and are contacting the FBI. Yeah, they'll get right on that.
                            "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

So there's a petition going around to have the servers compensated.

https://www.change.org/petitions/the...-scottsdale-az

Comment

I think they called to have the show done thinking that Mr. Ramsay would yell at the staff and customers and blame them for the horrible buisness, that they never actually thought that they would get told that it's all their fault. I'm glad they can't have kids because if they did they would've lived terrible lives.
                                ......../\
                                ....../__\
                                ..../\...../\
                                ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
                                X