Clear All

• This ad sums up the business (NSFW)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZpUl4oVzLI4

Comment

• That is just epic!
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Here's the table for the questions and answers in Katy's Reddit thread (for handy reference )

http://www.reddit.com/r/tabled/comme...cipriano_from/

Comment

• That was ...wow. Just wow. Gordon's nicer than the show makes him out to be.

And your avatar is still cute.
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• I know this might be a strange question, but going by the responses quoted by Tama, how old is Amy REALLY? The way she's posting makes me think of a teenager.

Also

That was ...wow. Just wow. Gordon's nicer than the show makes him out to be
            From what I've seen on Hell's Kitchen, he does actually come off quite nice in a number of instances. The yelling and screaming is really only during dinner service and to some extent, in the nominations. His reaction during that time is more or less justified though. (for instance, if the contestants can't come up with a nominee(s)) He's also been known to show compassion to a number of contestants for varying reasons (contestants who've had to pull out due to injury/illness and been great chefs or contestants who need a boost).
            Last edited by fireheart; 05-17-2013, 03:29 AM.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf

HAHAHAHAHA
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Seriously? $9 for a slice of THAT?! It looks like a boxed strawberry cake mix gone wrong.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• No, $9 a slice of a cake that isn't even theirs. Which is even better :rofl:
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                    Seriously? $9 for a slice of THAT?! It looks like a boxed strawberry cake mix gone wrong.
                    Worse ... it looks like something I baked!

And that's a special price too! ("Delicious slices will cost as low as $8.99 this night only!")

Also, usually when you take a photo of a cake -- which is meant to entice customers to buy said cake -- you make it a nice clean cut; you don't have bits of topping tilting over the edge as if they are hanging on by their metaphorical fingernails; you have the cake on a pretty serving platter rather than a circle of corrugated cardboard; and you carefully sweep any crumbs off the platter AND off the cake. And if you're going to have a knife in the photo, it's probably a good idea to make it a clean one and not one with a driblet of icing on it ...

Comment

• Quoth fireheart View Post
                      From what I've seen on Hell's Kitchen, he does actually come off quite nice in a number of instances.
                      Watch "The "F" Word" and you can see him interact with his children. It's kinda interesting with how much he's wrapped about their little fingers.

Comment

• Oh you mean This cake?

Amy really hasn't learned how to not steal photos from other sites yet.

Comment

• I am more worried about Amy saying the cake is made to order if you have to wait for her to bake it no wonder the service is slow
                          Quoth ABC Facebook
                          Come enjoy Amy's Signature Strawberry Cake made fresh to order!

Comment

• Quoth patiokitty View Post

I never made it out of my baker's apprenticeship (the ridiculously early hours damn near killed me) but I can still bake circles around Amy in my shitty little home kitchen, using cheap pans and dollar store spatulas. And that cake that Amy claims is her's would never go over in a professional bakery - the layers are uneven, you can see the cake through the icing, and it's way too crumbly for a professionally presented cake. And it's set on a boring cardboard insert...she could at least have covered it with decorative foil if it was actually her cake, but we all know it isn't.
                            I would most likely do the same, even with a store-bought mix!

On a side note, now I know why Chef Ramsay has been making all of his contestants in recent seasons do the "visual presentation" dish (from about Season 5 and onwards) where they not only have to cook a dish, but present it well. If the series wasn't taped well beforehand, I would've suggested that Chef Ramsay do a "dessert" challenge showing people how NOT to do it.

Or as an ultimate insult to injury, using anything she DOES actually make as examples of "how not to cook <xyz>" on the show. (he's done this with certain products for the taste test episode, where he's done things like take a Chinese takeout, whack it in the microwave and then serve it. My personal favourite was the one where he made tatin with sea bass and tuna instead of beef and scallops)
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• I finally watched the episode and essentially liveblogged it on my Facebook, with me and Nurian going back and forth talking about it. All I can say is...oh. my. god.

I'm trying to explain to my husband what's going on (he loathes reality TV in general) and he just put up his hand and said, "Stop. Just hearing about it makes me want to commit murder. And not necessarily of her."

I saw looks on Ramsay's face that I've never seen on him before. Just the wide-eyed slow shaking of the head when they got all defensive the evening after the restaurant closed and they were discussing the changes they needed to make. That look that says, "I cannot believe what is happening before my eyes."

Comment

• Saw the facebook for her cats... I like cats just as much as the next Internet user, but that's ridiculous... Just watching this all go down... Yeesh.

Who wants to play a game and guess how long their restaurant lasts after the reopening?
                                Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Working...
                                X