X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ....Sad news for Whovians.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...ave-Doctor-Who

Nooo....chin doctor...
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

This saddens me. Immensely. Matt was my first Doctor.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Theoretically, the Doctor only has 12 regenerations. I wonder what they'll do about that?
      "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

No! I loved 11.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

I wish Jeff Davis was British, when I saw him on Whose Line he had an adorable Doctor look about him.

11's had a good run, I guess...
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
            Theoretically, the Doctor only has 12 regenerations. I wonder what they'll do about that?
            River. She gave him the rest of hers, so who knows what that did to his count?
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I read that John Hurt is the mysterious 9th Doctor. This makes Matt Smith the 12th Doctor.
              http://www.kasterborous.com/2013/05/...50th-spoilers/

By the way... very sad Matt Smith is leaving. He was my favorite Doctor, followed by David then Christopher.
              "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
              "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

This has ruined my weekend. I had convinced myself we would get at least one more season out of him

Comment

They've always been a little...well, retconnish about that. The Master, for instance, was able to steal more regenerations after he ran out. Also, there was some mention in the old series that the reasons Time Lords were held to 12 regenerations was because they might get a little...unstable after that. There's a lot that isn't really explained, which could be what the story aims to talk about.

Besides, they could always kill off Jenny for more regenerations later on
                  "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                  "What IS fun to fight through?"
                  "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

That's a shame - I liked Matt Smith as the Doctor.
                    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                      River. She gave him the rest of hers, so who knows what that did to his count?
                      That's what I've been thinking. So, what if he regenerates and turns into a girl? Matt Smith did sort of freak out just after regenerating thinking he'd turned into a girl. I think it needs to happen at some point.
                      The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Well the Doctor does lie. So he might have lied about 12. Or he might have lied about 507. I think another time he said it was limitless.

or rather - in my opinion - BBC's not going to shoot itself in the foot when it's making so much money off of it. Not to mention all the products they're selling. I'm a bit surprised they haven't pulled a "jayne hat" on the etsy/crafters yet to be honest.

Plus... possible spoiler
                        [spoiler]
                        I'm not entirely sure he's on his 11th regeneration. His 11th time as "the Doctor" yes, but his 11th persona... I don't know.
                        [/spoiler]
                        Last edited by PepperElf; 06-02-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Sad news indeed. Eleven grew on me. He's no Ten, to be sure, but his manic enthusiasm (not to mention his bombastic monologues) was great.

Yeah, allegedly the Doctor should be out of regenerations (spoiler: especially since there was a regeneration we didn't know about-- Hurt!Doctor), but Moffat has a number of things to choose from. The Doctor could have received more regenerations thanks to River Song sacrificing hers to save him, the Doctor could have many more than the usual 12 (per a statement the Doctor made on an episode of "The Sarah Jane Adventures"), or some other explanation could be given.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Not to mention "HandyDoctor". Or 10.5 if you prefer. And there's been a couple of times where the Doctor has burned some regen-energy for quick healing.

and
                            [reply-to-your-spoiler]Nice pun. very nice pun![/reply-to-your-spoiler]

Comment

Well, I guess this won't be relevant anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2rfTR1PJkk
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                              X