Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lady goes off on Dunkin Donuts for not getting receipt.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can we say self centered? I wouldn't work under that woman for nothing....

Comment

Am I the only one who think this was a badly-conceived, weapons-grade-stupid publicity stunt? Sane people don't get that mad about having one less piece of paper to throw away, and racist nonsense is pretty much guaranteed to generate outrage (and therefore page hits). Why else would she even *film* this, much less put it online?
      Random Doctor Who quote:
      "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
      I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

Quoth aqutalion View Post
        Am I the only one who think this was a badly-conceived, weapons-grade-stupid publicity stunt? ... Why else would she even *film* this, much less put it online?
        She has convinced that she's doesn't make mistakes and her don't stink. When the inevitable backlash happens, it's your fault for being offended.

Quoth kilroy220 View Post
        can we say self centered? I wouldn't work under that woman for nothing....
        Apparently, her employers didn't want her to work for them, either. If I remember correctly, they fired her after this video came out.

Actually, this song reminds me of people like her.
        Quoth Drowning Pool
        I don't care about anyone else but me.
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth aqutalion View Post
          Am I the only one who think this was a badly-conceived, weapons-grade-stupid publicity stunt? Sane people don't get that mad about having one less piece of paper to throw away, and racist nonsense is pretty much guaranteed to generate outrage (and therefore page hits). Why else would she even *film* this, much less put it online?
          She probably thought she was being revolutionary by putting her "bad experience" on Facebook. It was in her delusional mind that she was fighting some made up war against that Dunkin Donuts and it's employees over a silly piece of paper that she didn't get on time so she felt entitled to free stuff (and she also felt entitled to be racist as well).

Even if she gave "high marks" to this location in the past she felt she was entitled to do this. It was like she felt like by doing this she would be putting the employees in "their place" and that they "deserve" to be knocked down. She also was expecting the employees to fight back, drag things out, and make her look like some helpless victim of the crime of the century.

Instead she got none of that. She got employees who tried to cater to her little childish tantrum by giving her the free stuff she cried for with a smile. She then tried to proclaim that her food was being spitted on which more then likely it was not. Oh and she wanted to give this food to her boyfriend (whch honestly I'd dump her if she pulled that on me). All this while the rest of the customers looked at her like she was a crazy woman (which she is). Then she tried to throw racist stuff around which only made her look worse.

So in the end she only made herself look bad by doing this. Not only did she lose a job but her name now is ruined because of her putting this online for anyone to watch with her name attached to it.

And trust me there's plenty of people out there who will do just as stupid things without any thought of consequence or anything. All in the name of winning some stupid mind games war that the person behind the counter is trying to beat them over.

Sorry for the longish rant.
          New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
          New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

I think it's a version of what economists call the "Sunk Costs" Fallacy

They'd rather keep backing a bad bet (in this case, causing an irrational and embarrassing public scene) than pull out, because doing so, while usually the "right" thing, would also be an admission that they were wrong to start with

And that's how a person can convince themselves that a coffee shop has, indeed, ruined their lives.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

This woman was going for the whole "I'm going to treat these cashiers like trash. Look how cool I am!" thing. That kinda blew up in her face, didn't it? I hope that precious receipt was worth ruining your life, Ms. Chapman. What goes on the internet stays on the internet, for everyone and their dog to see. Forever.

On the bright side, the two abused cashiers received $5,000 each in donations from well-wishers.
              I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Working...
              X