Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who knew Red Lobster's biscuits were dangeous?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knew Red Lobster's biscuits were dangeous?

Well, they are if you eat 413 of them in one sitting!

http://www.rockcitytimes.com/local-m...ster-biscuits/
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

And if the story was nonfiction, it might just happen!

Damn those biscuits are good though.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

True story: you can buy the mix at whole sale clubs. And they totally fucking rock . I've got two boxes sitting in my pantry waiting on a time when I pick up some sharp cheddar again.
      But the paint on me is beginning to dry
      And it's not what I wanted to be
      The weight on me
      Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

1/8 of a stick of butter per biscuit? That's an entire tablespoon >_> Two of those is enough to make a pot of (boxed) mac & cheese ... Aiyaaaa....

Explains why they're so good tho. I honestly cannot recall the last time I hit a Red Lobster, despite the fact that I lived about five minutes away from one for much of my life (and I worked in a mall with a RL in the parking lot for several years)
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"hospital officials state that they have drained approximately 2 gallons of butter already" Whiskey...Tango...Foxtrot

My family only accepts one basket of CBB's at Red Lobster because otherwise we couldn't eat the meal. They're more addictive than crack.
          Testing
          "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

My mom reverse engineered the recipe herself, and now she serves them at all the big family to-do's... Go mom!
            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

ASW - This thread is useless without recipes

Er, I mean, might she be willing to share/post it here (or to the Recipes group on the board here)? ^_^;>
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Scroll down to the bottom of the site where it says that the article is presented as fictional news...
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                  Scroll down to the bottom of the site where it says that the article is presented as fictional news...
                  Knew it before scrolling down to said link.

Total B. S.

That remark about doctors draining "2 gallons of butter" . . . the butter in baked goods cannot be reconstituted into liquid form.

Figuring 4 biscuits per cup, that's about 6 gallons of biscuits. Or 16 biscuits per liter, about 26 liters of biscuits.

A human stomach can hold at the most, about 4 liters of food.
                  Last edited by Dytchdoctir; 06-23-2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

This story reminded me of a boring Chinese movie called, "To Survive." (I had to watch it in an English class.) A woman was having a difficult labor during an uprising during the 60's. The green staff brought an older, more experienced doctor who hadn't eaten for days. They gave him steamed buns and water to give him energy. He ate seven buns and drank quite a bit of water. Instead of giving energy, he passed out.

Later, it was revealed that eating a bun followed by water was the equivalence of eating seven buns. Since he ate seven buns and drank water, he ate the equivalence of 49 buns.

No wonder he passed out.
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                      Yeah, I know. Not that it would surprise me if it were real.
                      Or, more likely, that it gets picked up by mainstream media...

Any wagers on how long before it's on CNN?

EDIT: The UK Mirror doesn't count. They'd publish a story about the sky being red without going outside...
                      Last edited by Crossbow; 06-23-2013, 11:11 PM.
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Hmm... Never been to Red Lobster. Are the biscuits really that good? (Story is BS though, I'm pretty sure things like biscuits swell in your stomach, so eating even half of that amount is utterly impossible.)
                        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          I honestly cannot recall the last time I hit a Red Lobster, despite the fact that I lived about five minutes away from one for much of my life (and I worked in a mall with a RL in the parking lot for several years)
                          This is exactly my situation now. I just don't eat out; can't afford it. If I want 'em, I can make cheddar biscuits from scratch. It's not difficult, especially if you make them as drop biscuits. The secret is just a tiny, almost imperceptible amount of garlic powder.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                            Hmm... Never been to Red Lobster. Are the biscuits really that good?
                            Yes. Yes they are.

I think I will try to talk my hubs into a Red Lobster dinner now...THANKS GUYS.

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                              Hmm... Never been to Red Lobster. Are the biscuits really that good?
                              They are crack in biscuit form.
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                              X