X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTVU Reports Racist Joke As Names Of Asiana 214 Pilots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1JYHNX8pdo

The problem was that the names — "Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk" and "Bang Ding Ow" — were obviously fake. The news anchor read the names off the teleprompter and didn't bat an eye, adding that the information had been confirmed by the National Transportation Safety Board.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000009

I'd very much be lying if I said I didn't laugh at the stupidity of it all...

I love that she kept on reading even when it was obvious.

especially the ho lee fuk part

Comment

I like the way she made sure to pronounce fuk as fook when she realized what was going on.

Comment

YouTube doesn't work on my system, but I wonder if they threw in a racist term for "excessive bank angle" as used in a mid-80s issue of Model Airplane News.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I hope that the news reader is fired for being so stupid to not know that was fake.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
            I hope that the news reader is fired for being so stupid to not know that was fake.
            I wouldn't really blame the reader - apparently it was an intern that took the report as being real and had it put on the teleprompter.

Comment

It gets better -- the Intern in question was from the NTSB o_O

http://www.snopes.com/media/goofs/ktvu.asp
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

This reminds me of Anchorman. "My name is Ron Burgendy?"

Comment

I laughed a little harder than I should.
                  If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

We made several mistakes when we received this information. First, we never read the names out loud, phonetically sounding them out.

Really I did that in my head without thinking about it. And laughed at the silly people.
                    Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Apparently, Asiana is now suing the TV station for defamation.

Comment

Yep. I saw that too.
                        However if anything the station is also a victim. Cos they didn't do it on purpose - they were guilty of being ignorant.

But I'm not sure if there's any money in going after the NTSB with a lawsuit.

Comment

No, I think the buck stops at the TV station. One of the major roles of any journalist is to filter out the stuff which is obviously bogus. While I'm sure that the NTSB intern will get quite a bollocking, the station should not have allowed what amounted to a prank call to go out on the air.

Comment

Working...
                          X