This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom Sells Daughter's One Direction Tickets

This Hilarious Mom Is Selling Her Daughter’s One Direction Tickets On eBay To Teach Her A Lesson

Apparently, not all parents forgot how to parent. The daughter deserved to lose these tickets when she lied about where she was going.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

"Tricks like this on OUR parents is how HALF of you were conceived …..And why a lot of your friends DONT have an address to send that Fathers day card to!!!"

Perfect! Love this lady.

Comment

I laughed out loud at that line.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Shame she will never get her money, as there are so many fake bids there.

Comment

Let's see:
          -Lied to all the parents
          -Hung out at an old boys house, while lying to parents about where they were
          - Daughter got lippy afterwards
          - Friends prank called the house so the tickets would not be sold (curious what they did)
          -Tickets were originally a gift from parents.

Um yeah. That kid deserves it. Now I was never cool enough to pull this kind of stuff ten years ago, but if my parents had bought me concert tickets I would be an angel from the moment I got the tickets until the moment I got to the concert. I would have been a model child so that they wouldn't take them away, and to show them how good I could be when bribed.

Honestly my parents called me at my friends houses almost hourly when I slept over there. It was less a lack of trust, and more just checking in, but the "let's tell all our parent's we are sleeping at each other's house" thing is so old that I don't see how anyone can think to get away with it.
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
            Now I was never cool bratty enough to pull this kind of stuff ten years ago, but if my parents had bought me concert tickets I would be an angel from the moment I got the tickets until the moment I got to the concert. I would have been a model child so that they wouldn't take them away, and to show them how good I could be when bribed.
            Fixed the first sentence for you. Seriously though, I agree on the second part. Growing up, there was one hard fast rule for concerts: You are awake and ready to attend on the next school day without complaint.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
              Fixed the first sentence for you. Seriously though, I agree on the second part. Growing up, there was one hard fast rule for concerts: You are awake and ready to attend on the next school day without complaint.
              Unless you were my stepmom and let my half sisters stay home from school the next day b/c they were at the latest boy band concert half the damned night (older sis was NKOTB, younger one was into . . . oh Hell I can't remember.)

But that Mom in the OP has the right idea. Maybe a little humility will teach her child a valuable lesson.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

To be honest, I'd say the mum was doing the kid a favour (Purely in the musical taste sense...given all the merchandise down here, One Direction is fast turning into this generation's Spice Girls, who also had all the merchandise one could ask for)
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

And yet I've read critiques of this, saying it's not fair of Mum to call daughter out in public like this, and cruel of her to sell the tickets, and so on and so forth. I have no kids so can't speak from experience, but I'd like to know what else might have gone on in the recent past, on top of what finally caused Mum to take this step. If daughter has been a jerk for the past six months or more, then yeah, I can see why Mum has finally decided enough is enough and daughter needs to learn that there are these often unpleasant things called consequences.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                    And yet I've read critiques of this, saying it's not fair of Mum to call daughter out in public like this, and cruel of her to sell the tickets, and so on and so forth. I have no kids so can't speak from experience, but I'd like to know what else might have gone on in the recent past, on top of what finally caused Mum to take this step. If daughter has been a jerk for the past six months or more, then yeah, I can see why Mum has finally decided enough is enough and daughter needs to learn that there are these often unpleasant things called consequences.
                    Not even just consequences; I imagine the rant is on there to remind daughter (who I'm sure was watching the sale) and her friends (who were also watching) why precisely they were on there.
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I think its great.

Comment

Working...
                      X