This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice easy quiz for Americans....

except for the one that you forget or never heard of that will make your head pound...

http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/uscapitals

As a Brit,I got 37/50.
    First rule-90% of the time,it's not the most obvious place.
    Second rule-If it's obscure,you'll remember it.It's the mundane names that get lost in the middle :P

Have fun
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

50/50. I had to memorize the damned capitols in 4th grade and I seem to never have forgotten them. Now if only I could have memorized something useful like algebra. Though I do remember Avogadro's Number.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      ... Though I do remember Avogadro's Number.
      To how many insignificant dig-its?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Here, this should help.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSvJ9SN8THE
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Ugh, 15/50.

For some reason this morning, my brain's a little (more than usual) foggy, and my thoughts are kinda. I was having a tough enough time remembering some of the most well-known cities in some of the states, be they the State Capitol or not.

I started to check my wrong, especially, and just totally missed answers, but decided I want to try again with a clearer head, maybe in a couple days or so.

State Capitols are something I've never been proficient in, but year ago, pre having internet/internet access, the World Almanac was my internet, and I would not only use it regularly at home, but would keep a past copy at my then work, to aid me in doing crossword puzzles during the quiet times.

Throughout that time, I acquired a bit of a basic knowledge about things such as State Capitols, by repeatedly referencing the book, whether it was to specifically look that item up, or just casually learning it, while looking up something related.

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

if it was multiple choice i'd get it! lol

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
              Ugh, 15/50.

...I want to try again with a clearer head, maybe in a couple days or so.
              Same here, I got 27/50. I missed some that I should've gotten, like Washington and Texas.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I got Washington.

I better have.

Lived here all my life!

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  To how many insignificant dig-its?
                  6.0221 141 29(22)*10 superscript 23 mol superscript-1

Only because I worked hazmat in a chemical factory did I manage to retain this for more than the required time to pass a final exam in school. Oddly enough that is why I have CFR codes still memorized. Fill in enough paperwork and you can memorize pretty much anything. Or if you set it to music. I know someone who can actually do the Elements patter song by Tom Lehrer.
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Here's the Australian equivalent:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/australian_capitals

http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/australiastates

Just a little hint: Sydney is NOT our capital
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Spelling counts.... your average American is screwed.

36/50 here. I've never had to learn them, though my grandmother has a game/song she uses to remember them all similar to the Animaniacs link.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        Here's the Australian equivalent:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/australian_capitals

http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/australiastates

Just a little hint: Sydney is NOT our capital

Easy easy-rattled them off in about a minute :P
                        Wait,so the states aren't Swampland,Big Dry Area,Endless Sandy Bunga Bungas,Convict Land,Hellishly Hot,Crammed With Surfers,Croc-infested Marsh and Unimportant Dangling Bit at the Bottom.... Oh...
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Let's see if I can decipher these....

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                          Swampland <snip>
                          Those terms can refer to so many different ones....

Especially when you consider that my state has a wang....and our state capital is on it

Also if by Convict Land you mean South Australia, we weren't actually founded by convicts
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

36 out of 50, and at least 2 were because I couldn't remember how to spell them correctly.
                            Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

41/50

Stupid random midwest states
                              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
                              X