This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Did This Happen?!

An African-American family's 7-year-old daughter discovered that their new couch is labeled as "N*gger-brown"

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/200265

And sure, you're not the manufacturer - but if you sell the stuff, it's your job to make sure what you're selling is safe and . . . doesn't contain such words!
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

The star

Personally I 'm not sure whether to believe anything written by the Star.
    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

It all depends on where the label was - if it was on the bottom of the sofa and chairs when received by the store nobody would notice until all the wrappings were removed.

I really don't expect the average Chinese worker to know that particular 'n' word is bad in English. I just wonder if they were trying for Niger or Nigeria and got the spelling wrong.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cesii View Post
        Personally I 'm not sure whether to believe anything written by the Star.
        Um, are you referring to the red top tabloid in the UK? This fellow's something different.

Rapscallion

Comment

True

Yes, Raps.
          This a good point, I knew there was a separate American Star paper( abit like The Enquirer perhaps) but I just now realised its actually the Toronto star...

However that sofa definitely isn't brown, its black. Or maybe that's the point they are trying to make.
          I can't imagine why though, why would it matter so much. Only to a racist perhaps. Perhaps, this is some long winded way of making black people look ignorant about issues such as their colour....

I really need to set up a fratching account, I think. This is quite annoying.
          ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
          Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            Um, are you referring to the red top tabloid in the UK?
            You do know The Morning Star is still in print don't you?
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

I didn't, but I didn't really care I was just wondering if Cesii had the right paper.

All in all, though, it's pretty disgusting. I cannot see how something like this can go on, and I bet that company loses a metric craptonne of business in the near future.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Cesii View Post
                but I just now realised its actually the Toronto star...
                Sadly, their reputation is just as bad and the American tabloid and the UK Tabloid. They just call themselves a legit paper.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth kerrisan View Post
                  And sure, you're not the manufacturer - but if you sell the stuff, it's your job to make sure what you're selling is safe and . . . doesn't contain such words!
                  I don't it's fair to blame the person who sold the couch. Why would someone check the labels? Who would ever even begin to think that something like that would be put on a label of a couch? No one would have ever thought of it, much less to keep a look out for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X