Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retail: Marla's about to lose it/ Josh about to get canned.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail: Marla's about to lose it/ Josh about to get canned.

http://retailcomic.com/comics/january-14-2014/#comments

It's finally going to happen, I hope!

In a few hours the strip will update and we'll see what Marla's going to do. From the other comments I've seen, I'm kinda scared she will assault him.

What do you guys think?

And he's OUTTA HERE!
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Just wait until Stuart gets wind of this.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

It has officially been lost....and I love it!

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
        Just wait until Stuart gets wind of this.
        What she said. Somehow I doubt this is the end of this.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I think in the next strip, Val will talk to her to see what happened.

Comment

Actually, Stuart supported firing him. He just didn't think it wise to do so during the holiday season.
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I shall say it again.Josh creates any problems-send in Lunker..... all that will be found is a few mysterious bones a couple of years later.
              If only Marla could get her dream line up-Val and Amber,Coop,Donnie and Lunker-that would be superb.But that would be far too easy in Retailworld...
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

You have to have a villain, Kit.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                  Actually, Stuart supported firing him. He just didn't think it wise to do so during the holiday season.
                  Could you please show me the comic where it said so? I missed Retail since finding out that I have to pay to get digital access to The Toronto Star.

I can always bookmark the Retail Comic Strip site, though.
                  Last edited by cindybubbles; 01-16-2014, 07:39 PM. Reason: Made post more polite.
                  cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                    Could you please show me the comic where it said so? I missed Retail since finding out that I have to pay to get digital access to The Toronto Star.

I can always bookmark the Retail Comic Strip site, though.
                    Stuart didn't exactly "support" firing Josh, but he didn't outright tell Marla not to, either: http://retailcomic.com/comics/october-31-2013/

The beginning of the Stuart/Marla discussion regarding Josh begins here, if you want to read the whole thing: http://retailcomic.com/comics/october-28-2013/

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                      You have to have a villain, Kit.
                      That's why I see Mina coming in...one problem walks out the door-another one turns up...
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        That's why I see Mina coming in...one problem walks out the door-another one turns up...
                        Agreed. For narrative purposes you HAVE to have a bad guy, and then it becomes a case of 'be careful what you wish for'. Mina will be a lot worse than Josh!
                        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                          Agreed. For narrative purposes you HAVE to have a bad guy, and then it becomes a case of 'be careful what you wish for'. Mina will be a lot worse than Josh!
                          At least now Marla has an idea of what she's getting into with Mina...hopefully she'll keep her guard up.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Anyone else having homicidal feelings toward the commenters who keep going on about "unlawful termination" or whatever? How many times does one have to point out that there is no law against firing someone when they give their two-week notice? In fact, it's very common for management to tell the employee that they have to leave immediately. Yet these yahoos keep saying "oh Josh is going to sue them!" Arrgh....
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

He's perfectly entitled to sue them...and he probably would do.Whether it gets flung out of court with a resounding cry of Idiot is another matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X