This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Lookback

Here is the URL for Lookback, celebrating Facebook's 10th anniversary, and the time you spent on it.

https://www.facebook.com/lookback/

Basically it makes a movie out of your past moments.

Here is mine (posted on Flickr):
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/29192694@N07/12760129153/

What do you think about it?
    Last edited by cindybubbles; 02-25-2014, 12:45 AM.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Just stopping by in a "mod capacity" on this one -- Posting a link to your FB video may reveal your identity to anyone who happens to read the board. We're not gonna stop anyone, of course, but just Caveat Poster

Also, remember that you can edit those vids before linking them, and you can always upload it to YouTube or something under a handle.

<mod mode off>

I'm still bemused by the fact that my vid shows my "first steps" as having taken place more than 2 years after I joined ~_~
    Last edited by EricKei; 02-10-2014, 07:54 PM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Also, remember that you can edit those vids before linking them, and you can always upload it to YouTube or something under a handle.
      Yeah, but I'm in trouble with YouTube over posting a video that my 10-year-old nephew made, so I want to be a "good girl" over there and not post anything until my strike expires.

Besides, I set my privacy settings to "Friends", so you have to be my Facebook friend to see it.
      Last edited by cindybubbles; 02-10-2014, 08:52 PM.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I keep seeing these things and now I've finally made my movie. Not surprisingly, there's a lot of Pablo pictures

(Which reminded me to change my avatar to something cozy.)
        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 02-10-2014, 11:38 PM.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

cb: No problem ^_^ It was meant more as a general caveat/to everyone.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I took off the link to my movie, as crazylegs warned me about the video's security settings on Facebook.
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

FTR, the DownloadHelper plugin for Firefox can snag the video for offline viewing/YT uploading -- Same caveat as before, tho: If you drop it on YT, it's best to do it under a handle instead of your real name, and Edit it on FB first to remove anything you don't want on there.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                I'm still bemused by the fact that my vid shows my "first steps" as having taken place more than 2 years after I joined ~_~
                They've got a screwy date system; I put in my wedding date and it put it as last year, rather than 1990. I tried to correct it, now it shows me as having married twice, in 1990 and 2013! And I don't know how to delete the incorrect one.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I downloaded my video and posted it on Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/29192694@N07/12760129153/
                  cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                  X