X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harold Ramis, you were the best...

My favorite Ghostbuster has gone.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...173530161.html

So.... who gets his collection of spores, molds, and fungus?

...probably Dan Aykroyd.

All seriousness, RIP Ramis. May your ghost not need busting.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Just saw the news myself. Damn. I loved his work.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

RIP, Egon. >_<
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

Damn... I loved his work, as a writer, director and actor. I mean, his movies were some of the biggest comedies in the 70's and 80's... "Caddyshack", "Animal House", "Meatballs", "Ghostbusters", "Vacation"...

Rest in peace, sir.
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

His first movie was recently placed in the Hall of Fame and if I'm not mistaken doesn't that mean they can't be "reimagined"?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
              His first movie was recently placed in the Hall of Fame and if I'm not mistaken doesn't that mean they can't be "reimagined"?
              I hope so! I hate remakes anyway, and Ramis just can't be beat. Am I the only one who has crushed on Egon Spengler? Brilliant, deadpan, and has an exciting job. What's not to love?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                Last year or thereabouts, I thought on how you could "reimagine" Ghostbusters in a way that isn't exactly "reimagining" it.

Basic gist-- the Ghostbusters had to close down due to insurance issues. (All that collateral damage has to be paid for by somebody, after all.) Fifteen, twenty years go by, the Ghostbusters and everyone go their separate ways. Ray still runs his occult book shop, Winston goes off and gets his PhD or whatever, Venkman goes back to TV... then local-access cable... then local radio... then obscure local radio. Egon is... Egon.

But all that is found out partway through the movie, because the principal characters are a group of young college-age adults that get into paranormal stuff, start putting together that there might be some major paranormal event coming up, and go to the Ghostbusters for help in figuring it out/stopping it, and end up back in the ghost-busting business, with the original crew serving in a mentor role, effectively "passing the torch" to the younger crew.

You could still do something like that, and just have it said that Egon "has moved on." And bam, you've got a "new" Ghostbusters franchise that isn't actually "new" or "reimagined" and you've got a younger crew of actors to use, since the original crew are getting on in the years.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Extreme Ghostbusters kind of did that, though Egon was their teacher.
                  Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth Andrew B. View Post
                    Extreme Ghostbusters kind of did that, though Egon was their teacher.
                    Eh, see, the movies were canon for the cartoons and the video game that came out a few years ago, but the cartoons were not canon for the movies, and I think it should stay that way.

...apart from making the episode from the cartoon that dealt with Cthulhu. That can stay canon.

Comment

Guys...I meant his first directed movie, the one that have John Belushi his big break.

Comment

Egon's gone bye bye.

So sad.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                          Guys...I meant his first directed movie, the one that have John Belushi his big break.
                          That would be "Animal House", which he also co-wrote the screenplay for (and one of my all time fave films, BTW.)

He will be sorely missed.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            Eh, see, the movies were canon for the cartoons and the video game that came out a few years ago, but the cartoons were not canon for the movies, and I think it should stay that way.

...apart from making the episode from the cartoon that dealt with Cthulhu. That can stay canon.
                            And Jim Venkman, keep him as canon. Actually i tossed up my ideas for Ghostbusters III on my blog (javataur.blogspot.com) today as it happens, i'd already been rolling it around in the back of my mind before Mr Ramis passed.
                            Seph
                            Taur10
                            "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              Alternate universes? Pretty much my opinion, too.

To be fair, I loved Ghostbusters and didn't like Ghostbusters 2 at all. Loved the cartoon for the most part, although there were a few episodes that left me going, " were they thinking?!" So yeah, to each his own.
                              Last edited by XCashier; 02-27-2014, 12:58 AM.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X