This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth catcul View Post
    They were thrown for a loop when the hotel clerk in Scotland offered to "knock them up."
    The teacher in my German class, loooong ago, warned us about that early on: That the German terms equivalent to "call you" and "knock on your door" translate literally as "ring you up" and "knock you up"
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I excelled in my German class when I confused Nachte and Nakte and instead of booking a hotel for three nights,booked it for three naked people....
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

^_^

I'm surprised they didn't respond by advising you to call a hotel near an FKK Strand
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          I get strange looks from the employees at Subway when I go to get him a sandwich ...OTOH, if I'm ordering for me, give me VEGGIES. Usually onions, baby spinach, green peppers, mushroom and black olives are good.
          Your Subway offers mushrooms?! Lucky! We don't get them at our Subways, and I'd love mushrooms on my sandwich. Maybe some other goodies too, like alfalfa sprouts.
          Quoth wolfie View Post
          Glad to see I'm not the only person who gets spinach but no lettuce.
          I do the same. I don't like iceberg lettuce; no flavor, hardly any nutrition. I like spinach, cucumbers, black olives, and tomatoes if they're nice and red.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

And whilst we're at it....

its lei-sure not lee-sure,root not rout,vi-ta-min not vie-ta-min,shed-ule not sked-ule
            lef-tenant not loo-tenant,E-raq not eye-raq,vars not vays....
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

You know there's only one thing I can say to that...and here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfRSvTSY0d4

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                You know there's only one thing I can say to that...and here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfRSvTSY0d4
                That reminded me of Dr' Suess's book, The Tough Coughs As He Ploughs The Dough.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

* Those donuts are just all kinds of wrong.

* Gravy is brown and made from meat juices and gravy browning. You have it accompanying a roast dinner, or, alternatively, poured over chips. Which is yum.

https://img.memesuper.com/07f6615565...me_731-512.png

NEVER BISCUITS CUZ THAT IS JUST DISGUSTING. These are biscuits: http://www.losalt.com/media/123736/biscuits_cropped.jpg Imagine eating those with gravy... :vomit:

* Ask for soda in England, and you will get this: https://marulangeneralstore.com/wp-c...ttle-1.25L.jpg Enjoy.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    * Gravy is brown and made from meat juices and gravy browning. You have it accompanying a roast dinner, or, alternatively, poured over chips. Which is yum.

https://img.memesuper.com/07f6615565...me_731-512.png
                    Oh god yes, that is so good! Now I want chips and gravy and just have a bowl of soup...
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Chips and gravy is the boss.

Related joke to this thread: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...hlight=America
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        For Yanks, this means fries (steak fries are the closest to British chips) - you don't put gravy on potato chips (what the Brits call "crisps"). Basically it's poutine without the cheese.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

That actually sounds pretty damn good o_O Hell, most po-boy shops will serve "french fry & roast beef gravy" po-boys (even if it's not on the printed menu) for about half the price of any other sandwich. Soooo goood....

As for MURRican style bizkits n' gravy -- I had some of those with breakfast this morning. Mmmmmm....

Comment

To be fair, parts of the U.S. do make and use brown gravy.

I've had brown gravy on Salisbury Steak and mashed potatoes. I've also had cream gravy on mashed potatoes.

But for Chicken Fried Steak, nothing beats Cream Gravy*.

* From Wikipedia:

It is essentially a Béchamel sauce, with the roux being made of meat drippings and flour. Milk is added and thickened by the roux; once prepared, black pepper and bits of mild sausage or chicken liver are sometimes added. Besides cream and sawmill gravy, common names include country gravy, white gravy, milk gravy, and sausage gravy.
                            I didn't like biscuits (the breakfast kind, not cookies) when I was a kid, so whenever my dad would make it, I would always eat mine on white bread. I'd put a piece of bread on the plate, put gravy on it, another piece of bread, and more gravy. Then salt & pepper.

Sometimes my dad would add ground meat to it. He called this "Sh*t on a shingle".
                            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Huh. SoS is usually *chipped* creamed beef on toast. Close enough, though

One odd thing -- the first time I had Salisbury Steak, it was made with an unusual recipe -- basically, meat/burger patties mixed with some bread crumbs & egg, seared briefly to give it a little flavor, and sloooowwwwly simmered in thick cream of mushroom soup. Being a kid at the time, I didn't wanna touch it, but my aunt wouldn't let me leave the table until I did...so I tried it. Less than 5 minutes later, I was asking for more. It was soooo damn good >_> I didn't have the brown gravy/standard version until years later. I was even mopping up the meat-infused gravy with my bread, and I can't stand mushrooms o_O

Comment

My dad would make sausage gravy (called it country gravy), put it on hash browns and call it SoS. My family was not a biscuits and gravy family, we're a hash browns and gravy family. I do like biscuits and gravy, though, we just didn't have it growing up. Other times we'd have brown gravy, it was the kind you'd have with mashed potatoes and turkey or some other meat. We just called it gravy even if it wasn't the darker brown color. It was whatever color it turned out to be colored with the drippings.
                                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                                X