X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    a few fats food chains up here
    Commentary on the quality of food they serve?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Indeed.

Remember, we live in a world where some of the most fattening, sodiumerriffic, highest-calorie items on most such restaurants' menus are the salads.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Indeed.

Remember, we live in a world where some of the most fattening, sodiumerriffic, highest-calorie items on most such restaurants' menus are the salads.
        There's a reason for that. You've eaten salad before, right??
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Indeed.

Bud Light Presents: Real Men of Genius - The Giant Taco Salad Inventor
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
            There's a reason for that. You've eaten salad before, right??
            Not if I can help it I'm a proud meatatarian. Well, proteinarian. Just as long as it ain't green...

J2K - ~I don't see no lettuce~

...I never knew they made videos of those o_O I just heard the audio. Neat.
            Last edited by EricKei; 05-14-2017, 06:29 PM.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              Heh. I always enjoy these kinds of things, even when the jokes are at the expense of my country.
              To be fair, we do rather deserve some of those jokes...
              I got into an argument with an online Canadian friend about healthy foods, and accused America of being the worst at it, I was able to retort, "This, coming from the country that invented poutine?"

He had no response.
              See, nobody's perfect!
              Quoth mjr View Post
              And don't forget butter pie. My buddy from England (where butter pie originates), thought it was some "s**t the Beatles made up".
              Just looked it up on Wikipedia and also found a recipe online. It looks pretty tasty; reminds me of a knish.
              Last edited by XCashier; 05-12-2017, 03:13 PM.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"Some may ask, 'Is your taco salad healthy?'. Of course it is. It's a salad, isn't it?"
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

That said, I do like to sometimes fire back when the opportunity presents itself. Like when I got into an argument with an online Canadian friend about healthy foods, and accused America of being the worst at it, I was able to retort, "This, coming from the country that invented poutine?"

He had no response.
                  But that's survival instinct. We need the extra calories to survive the cold winters in our igloos.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                    "Some may ask, 'Is your taco salad healthy?'
                    Doesn't matter if it's yes or no,
                    there is only one question the answer we must know....

Does your taco salad lose its flavour on the bedpost overnight...?
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Not if I can help it I'm a proud meatatarian. Well, proteinarian. Just as long as it ain't green...

J2K - ~I don't see no lettuce~

...I never knew they made videos of those o_O I just heard the audio. Neat.
                      My brother is a meatatraian also . . . I get strange looks from the employees at Subway when I go to get him a sandwich - all because I'll order it with NO veggies or sauces - just the meatballs, mozzarella and bread is all he wants.

OTOH, if I'm ordering for me, give me VEGGIES. Usually onions, baby spinach, green peppers, mushroom and black olives are good. Tomatoes depending on what I'm ordering.

But no sauces or mayo . . . I get strange looks because I'm not a condiment person.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only person who gets spinach but no lettuce.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I prefer spinach over lettuce when I get a sub at Subway. It's not applied as heavily, still provides fiber and it tastes better.
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I actually do like some salads, and I do like spinach. For years I thought I didn't like it because as a kid I had only encountered frozen spinach, which is horrifying. But I like fresh! My Subway order is depressingly plain. Turkey on white, cheddar cheese, lettuce and olives, mayo and mustard. I used to know someone who would order tuna on white. Nothing else.

I was reminded of another difference in terminology. In the US we study, or cram, for tests. In the UK they revise for exams. It's a term that always gives me pause, even though I know full well what it means. My brain is stubborn, though, it says "revise? so you're changing your knowledge? You had it wrong and now you have to revise your understanding?"
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Here's a good rule of thumb. Don't follow the culinary habits of a man who has had four heart attacks like Ron Swanson.

My parents ran into a difference with terminology. They were thrown for a loop when the hotel clerk in Scotland offered to "knock them up." They would knock on the door to wake the guests up in the morning.
                              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Spinach?at Subway? We ain't not got no stinkin' spinach here....
                                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X