This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad campaign launched to stop people abusing retail workers

Got sent this earlier today. Its a campaign to get people to stop being abusive towards retail workers. Looks good but just sad that its even needed.

Linkage

Particularly liked the tag line at the end of the article
    Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job. Might add it as my signature
    Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

I gather that's in Australia, so good for you Antipodeans. Unfortunately, I suspect that such a campaign in the US would simply not be reported by any mainstream media, lest they lose their advertising.

Comment

If that was here it would just create a lot of Us vs Them comments. The comments would be either "Finally! People shouldn't be treated this way!" and other comments "Maybe these people need to go back to college if they can't take it." Nothing would be resolved, unfortunately. Now, if there could be some way to hold the abusers accountable... Haha, I'm dreaming again.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        If that was here it would just create a lot of Us vs Them comments. The comments would be either "Finally! People shouldn't be treated this way!" and other comments "Maybe these people need to go back to college if they can't take it." Nothing would be resolved, unfortunately. Now, if there could be some way to hold the abusers accountable... Haha, I'm dreaming again.
        Oh, there's plenty of that down here, coupled with many, many instances of people trying to justify their actions.

Yeah, I'm still a wee bit traumatised from working retail...

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Now, if there could be some way to hold the abusers accountable... Haha, I'm dreaming again.
          There are ways...companies just have to want to "take the hit".

1. Install security cameras everywhere (except bathrooms, of course).
          2. Ban customers that abuse retail customers
          3. Publish security footage of customer being an ass
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
          X