RIP Cole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Cole

Cole from Cole & Marmalade has lost his fight with cancer. He was 9.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

So much sadness. I hope Marmalade is ok without him. I know the two were very close. I hope Cole's humans are okay, too. Cancer sucks. It takes too much of the good out of the world.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I bawled this morning when I saw Cat Man Chris' FB post about it this morning. I don't even go on FB except about once a week, and this is what I see.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Awww. May he rest in peace (on a nice, warm blanket).
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
          So much sadness. I hope Marmalade is ok without him. I know the two were very close. I hope Cole's humans are okay, too. Cancer sucks. It takes too much of the good out of the world.
          From what I'm seeing, Marmalade is okay at least at the moment ... he's used to Cole being gone for periods of time. Chris and Jess are making a point of giving him extra treats and cuddles.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

How sad. Cole was such a handsome cat.

I lost one of my cats at nine years old. They never live long enough, but nine is way too young.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I lost my feline master and king when he was eight years old. Asthma, and I never knew it until his final day when we rushed him to the emergency vet, but not quite in time for them to treat him.

I still grieve the loss of Malcolm, Emperor of the neighborhood and adoptive father of Kathleen & Kel (two female twin kittens he took control of and raised when he discovered their mother hadn't taught them anything before they left her, so he taught them himself. Tomcats don't do that, so he was really special.)

And by adoptive father, I do mean adoptive father: He stopped Kel from running off with the Pounce can (she used her teeth to seize the soft plastic led). He let her convince him to let her have treats, but he batted my hand when I tried to give her more than three, and called Kathleen over for her own three treats. Much later, he protected Kathleen from my brother's dog, Max, the day he chased her and scared her to death, then tried to bite me when I sought to intervene. When Kathleen ran to Daddy Malcolm, he put a stop to Max quite effectively, in the way I've seen mother cats do. As for the teaching thing, I watched him as he marshalled the kittens and taught them things. Important things. Such as how to hunt, using my brother's uncaged bird for practice (my brother's mostly a genius, but in some ways, a fool). How to get humans to do what they wanted. What counted as food and what didn't (though the girls disagreed with him on the matter of food from the trash can). And, one of the most important lessons they ever learned; the day after Malcolm put a stop to Max's aggression toward the kittens, Malcolm then taught the girls how to box. Which meant the next time Max tried to chase Kathy, a few days later, was also the last time he tried to chase Kathy, because Daddy Malcolm had taught her how to fend off dogs.

Cats are just so wonderful!
              Last edited by Kristev; 10-13-2021, 06:45 AM.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
              X