Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamer kidnapped by street gang for his account password...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamer kidnapped by street gang for his account password...

Holy Crap!

And with a gun to his head, he wouldn't give them the password. Now that's hardcore.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Wow. I really don't know what's worse, the fact that he was kidnapped for a videogame, or the fact that he would rathr die than give up his precious characters. That guy should be in the bomb squad.
    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
    ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

That must be the lamest reason I have ever heard to kidnap someone. And now I'm picturing packs of geeks threatening people with pocket protectors and fighting over Java.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

The funny thing is the game is Gunbound, which is a variant of the old artillery style games. The account might have some benefits to help a player, but seeing as it relies on skill and knowledge of physics to be one of the best, it wouldn't help out enough.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
          That must be the lamest reason I have ever heard to kidnap someone. And now I'm picturing packs of geeks threatening people with pocket protectors and fighting over Java.
          Game accounts can be worth a lot of money. They get sold on ebay all the time, even though they aren't supposed to.

That is the only reason I can think of for somebody holding somebody else at gunpoint demanding the password. And talk about nerves of steel for refusing to breach security there.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I believe he was smart on not giving the people the password. Just for the reason that the password was the only thing keeping him alive. Once they had the password they could kill him. I don't think that was his motivation for not giving the password but it worked he is still alive.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Game accounts can be worth a lot of money.
              I know I.P. but it doesn't make as good a joke.
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
                That guy should be in the bomb squad.
                No kidding.

Fellas, would it be difficult to sit down with stones that big? I mean, you'd probably have to turn sideways to go through doors.
                "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                  No kidding.

Fellas, would it be difficult to sit down with stones that big?
                  Not really. I manage alright.

I like your new avatar Kara.
                  I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Working...
                  X