X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't haul U-haul

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business...ness-headlines

Seriously, I think the company is in full denial mode. I like how they claim employee tenure is 5 years, and turnover isn't a problem, but they cancelled a mechanic training program because of turnover.

If you value your time, loved ones, possessions, and health, then maybe avoid U-haul?
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Oh, absolutely. This article has been making the rounds among the vardo ("gypsy" wagon) crowd, mainly because of the towing warnings it contains. A lot of people do not realize there is more to towing that just hitching up your wagon and driving off with it.

Couple the inherent hazards of that with U Haul's negligence and you have a very serious situation on your hands.

Avoid U Haul folks. They'll get you killed.

Comment

When I moved last year, I didn't rent a truck...I borrowed my neighbor's pickup. With the spike in gas prices, it never moves

I especially liked this line: "U-Haul denied responsibility for the accident. It said the 1989 truck, which had been driven 131,000 miles, would have had adequate braking power even if the power brakes had failed." Now, I've never driven one of those trucks...but to me, since the vehicle is much heavier than a car, which means it will take more effort to stop. If the power brakes have failed, the stopping distance, which is already huge...gets bigger. Neglecting the brakes is just asking for trouble.

Pardon my French...but U-Haul is full of shit. They were caught not maintaining their vehicles, and have attempted to pass the blame onto their mechanics. Fleet vehicles usually do get the crap beat out of them, and usually have high mileages. As such, they need more maintenance than someone's personal vehicle.

If U-Haul doesn't get their act together, lawsuits will eventually put them out of business. That is, if the stockholders continue to tolerate the company's actions...
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I reserved a U-Haul trailer a week before my DH and I were married. The day we went to pickup the trailer we were told that no trailers were available and it would probably be at least 2 weeks before one would be available. Gee thanks. We managed to borrow a trailer from DH's Dad but that meant we couldn't bring most of my stuff with us since we didn't have the time to drive over an 8 hour round trip and still get down to Missouri within 4 days.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

They probably saved your lives by not renting to you.

Comment

When my mom and I moved my stuff from my old apartment 5 years ago into storage, I *specifically avoided* U-Haul (we rented a van from Enterprise - more trips, but my mom was reluctant to rent even a small truck, and I have trouble even driving an SUV - I don't feel like I'm in control, too big). I've known and heard stories for years about how they're a bargain-basement rental company in more ways than one.
            Testing
            "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

This is really nothing new. I first heard about U-Haul's maintenance issues at least 10 years ago.
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

It always scares me a little that people who really have had no experience or training on pulling trailers can go rent one.
                Hell, it scares me that they can get a big moving van. If a small motorhome can handle like a beached whale, how are those bigger trucks full of crap in the back going to handle?

Comment

Working...
                X