• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeless man killed...

...because he asked for spare change.

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=104&sid=1212882
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

YOWZA!

I hate beggars and pandhandlers as much as the next person.....but yee gads, I'd never shoot one! That's just sick.

I think stories like this are the reason that panhandling is a serious issue in certain places. I don't remember if it was Seattle or Minneapolis, but my grampa was telling me about lots of panhandlers being murdered so the police were doing more to take pandhandlers off the streets.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

it is my belief that if they can say "could you spare some change?", they can also say "Welcome to [insert store or fast food place here]". If they choose not to seek the help and the assistance that is out there, and that many taxpayer dollars go to, that is their own problem.

Unfortunately, many of the homless have some sort of mental disability that they choose to allow themselves to get to the state they're in and not seek help.

Then there are those who are not really homeless, but begging and standing on street corners and getting money from strangers is more profitable than getting a job. There was wa new story here a couple years ago, where the reporters interviewed a young female panhandler, and found out that she makes average $200 per day, sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on the day and weather and location she decides to go. She makes more money doing that than she did at her two jobs that she quit.
      "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

But no one deserves to be *murdered in cold blood* for...well..anything, but certainly not because they asked for spare change!!
        Testing
        "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Working...
        X