Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interestingly enough, the Grimm Fairy Tales version of "Red Riding Hood" had to do with girls going into puberty and the types of choices/wants/desires she'd be facing. I love the "Grimm Fairy Tales" comic books; can't wait for #17 - it's coming out on Wednesday!!!

Comment

Charles Perrault's fairy tales were brilliant; loads of blood, guts and a nasty bitch given the power of frogs and lizards coming out of her mouth as punishment for being rude. Was my fave book as a small child, should tell you something. XD

Adding this as proof; taken from here: http://classiclit.about.com/cs/artic...dridinghoo.htm

The tale has many derivations. And, with the arrival of Little Red Riding Hood, the tale is told in several ways. In Charles Perrault's tale, the wolf (interpreted as a man who seduces women) hides under the covers, and urges the girl to "climb into bed with me." The girl comments on "what big" arms, legs, ears, eyes, and teeth the wolf has, which ends with the wolf saying "The better to eat you!" The wolf then "threw himself upon Little Red Riding Hood and ate her up." In Perrault's fairy tale, published in 1697, no woodsman comes to rescue her; and Little Red Riding Hood does not save herself. It's a morality tale, warning girls and women that "Wolves may lurk in every guise."
      Last edited by Lace Neil Singer; 10-09-2007, 12:32 AM.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        Did you know at one time, Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn books were banned or were attempted to be banned? Classic American literature?
        So were the Where's Waldo books.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I bet if her kids had to read 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' she will have a hissy fit. It's one of the few books that makes me cry while reading it.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I want to send her kids "The Wasp Factory", personally. What? It has a happy ending!
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
            X