X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white deer

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=671739

Awfully pretty, but I'm sure that I would freak if I saw one up close.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

I've actually seen one of these, but it was not wild. It was on an Amish farm in Ohio.

I'm going to go with the "albino" explanation. The guy in the article says that a true albino has pink eyes, and that is true to an extent, but there are different "types" of albinos, "Type 2" albinos have blue eyes and may have bits of pigment or pale pigment, for instance. A close friend is a type 2 albino, and he has blue eyes, nearly white hair, and quarter size patch of normal pigment on the back of his neck where his hairline is(he would have had brown hair if he wasn't albino ) . Had a cat that was a type 2, and also know some other albinos around town that are type 2. A pure albino wouldn't be able to function normally. Type 2's have crappy eyesight to start with and have a hard time with sunlight. A type 1 animal in the wild would die very quickly, and that gene would vanish, I would think. These animals are clearly breeding.

Comment

They look like Harry Potter's Patronus!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I wonder if they taste like marshmallows.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

We had a batch of albino kittens once. Only one of them was a true albino, white fur, pink eyes. The rest just had the pink eyes and fairly light fur, although some of the eyes had some very, very slight blue shading.
          My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Working...
          X