This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Oregon Trail?

Here's an online one just like it! One tip on the hunting... you only get to shoot at one animal and it tends to run by fairly quickly after you enter the screen.

http://www.globalgamenetwork.com/westward_trail.html
    "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

That is so unbelievably awesome!

I loved Oregon Trail when I was in elementary school.

When I was in 2nd grade I had to beg and plead and convince my teacher that I was a kick-ass reader (which I was), and that I would be able to handle playing it, even though she thought it wasn't appropriate for anyone under 4th grade.

I loved Oregon Trail 2 and Amazon Trail as well (especially loved the fishing part).

Comment

I remember Oregon Trail. For some strange reason this was required in the third grade, didn't hear me complain about it though.
      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

The original! http://www.cdosabandonware.com/std_g...hp?gameid=2127
        "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Damn you Fuzzykitten and CMS, I was planning on doing something productive this evening. *Goes hunting* This brings back many memories.
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I was playing the original version of it today...

I did love that game as a kid, and I still found it quite enjoyable. Although, I think my gf was a little miffed that she kept dying rather early in the game.

I did beat it today though... everyone made it and I had the #3 high score.
            When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

I remember our computer lab was a bus with several computers inside of it.........one day a week, oh Hell I don't remember which one, the bus came and we'd all play Oregon Trail! Remember, this was the early 90s and classrooms weren't filled with computers the way they are now........

I loved the newer Oregon Trail as well. Great fun!
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I did a search outof curiosity for a game I played on my grandpa's old DOS pc when I was about 7 or 8 years old (1987/88), called "Donald Duck's Playground", where you go and work different jobs to earn money to buy parts for a playground for the nephews. When all the parts are purchased, you can go play on the stuff.

I found it at this link, and I downloaded it and sat and played it like I was a kid again. My 4yo loved watching the duck play on the stuff and the rocket slide was his favorite (of course).

http://www.80sdos.com/donaldducksplayground.php
                "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

I remember loving OT, it came out when I was in 8th grade. I thought it was a little grim in parts where it dealt with hunger and death, but that I suppose was historical. I was always either a Banker or Carpenter, I never thought I could make it with the money starting as a Farmer. My hunting consisted of blundering around. I got many squirrels and groundhogs, a few deer, and the rare bear or bison.
                  Testing
                  "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Working...
                  X