Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG!!1!!eleventy! Racist store dummies!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle402468.ece

Why oh why must the race card be pulled on EVERYTHING?! These people need to just get a life!
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

{crazylegs hangs his head in shame}

Why is it an issue, would they protest if they were mounted on a pole, as several dummies are, I can't see what the issue is, they are quite plainly a colour which is not representitve of any racial group.

Just staggering
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

actually, i can almost understand why they are upset. i don't think its just the fact that the dummies are black, but the fact that they have chains wrapped around the neck, and hanging from the ceiling, and they have no heads. honestly, white or black, that is disturbing to me.

it also would make people wonder, why are there only black dummies with chains around their necks? in a way, i can see this. i don't know if the display really was made to be racist or not, but i would bet it wasn't made to be racist. but like i said, i can understand people feeling the way they do about it. either way im kinda disturbed by it

Comment

This is why I'm of the opinon all store mannequins should be bright green and purple. Try pulling the race card on THAT!
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
          This is why I'm of the opinon all store mannequins should be bright green and purple. Try pulling the race card on THAT!
          actually, they could make them all clear. they would have no color at all because they would be see through.

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
            actually, they could make them all clear.
            Though I think that would hinder the display, as it's quite a different situation between having clothes on something clear, and on something solid. It would be much more difficult to tell how opaque the clothing is, for one part.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
              Until the bright green and purple aliens from Glaxon 9 come and enslave all humanity for making mannequins the same color as them.

Comment

Most store dummies I've seen are either snow white, or this weird beige colour. I think I'm going to pull the race card and complain. XD
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Most store dummies I've seen are either snow white, or this weird beige colour. I think I'm going to pull the race card and complain. XD
                  Hey! I'M a weird beige colour!
                  j/k

I have seen opaque mannequins - it's a bit eerie because if you just glance, it looks like the clothing is just hanging there....
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

And headless ones are a bit freaky; the local Dorothy Perkins has them. They are standing and sitting normally, but have no heads... O.o
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

True, but the merchandise wouldn't look good against them.

Not knowing any dark gray people, I doubt it was intended as racist, but regardless of color, that display is a bit disturbing.
                      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X