This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom leaves kid in hot car, kid dies

In Pheonix, Arizona, a mother left her son inside a car on a ninety degree day. She left him there for nearly seven hours. When she next saw her kid ke was dead.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3799291
    Last edited by Crow The Robot; 10-31-2007, 10:52 PM.

I feel awful for the kid, roasting alive in that car.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

There is a special place in hell for people like that...
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Now I admit to not being knowing the most about the States, but I do know that Arizona is hot. Add this to the fact that cars get *very* hot in sunshine, I have to ask the question
        What the hell was she thinking of?

I mean seriously, who forgets about their child and leaves them in an oven for 7 hours? You can't be negligent, thats premeditated.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
          Now I admit to not being knowing the most about the States, but I do know that Arizona is hot. Add this to the fact that cars get *very* hot in sunshine, I have to ask the question
          What the hell was she thinking of?

I mean seriously, who forgets about their child and leaves them in an oven for 7 hours? You can't be negligent, thats premeditated.
          Either premeditated or extremely stupid.

I lived in Phoenix most of my life, and raised my son there. I never, ever forgot him in the car. Sometimes I even looked into the back seat when he wasn't with me! When you become a parent, your child gets ingrained into your mind, you never forget him or her.

Yes, it gets brutally hot there. Temperature hits 90 F in April, 100 F in May, 110+F in June and doesn't get back down to 90 F until late October (some years, not until Thanksgiving!) A car parked in the sunshine for any length of time does indeed get very hot; I've burned my hand opening the card door. One day I put the oven thermometer in my car to see what it would read; after a couple of hours parked in the sun, the temperature inside the car was 145 F!

Every year in Arizona, there are news reports about babies, elderly folks or pets being left in hot cars and suffering brain damage or dying. Yet people still don't get it through their heads not to leave their loved ones in a parked car.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

and nothing happens to them because "they've just suffered a horrible tragedy"-of their own doing. Sadly I often wonder how many of these are actually murders that the parents know they won't be charged for?
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              and nothing happens to them because "they've just suffered a horrible tragedy"-of their own doing. Sadly I often wonder how many of these are actually murders that the parents know they won't be charged for?
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there an episode of CSI where the parents put the kid in the car for hours to kill him, because they thought he had some terminal disease?

You'd think once something becomes a case on CSI, it'd be something the police look for commonly by that point.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there an episode of CSI where the parents put the kid in the car for hours to kill him, because they thought he had some terminal disease?
                ]

There was, he was actually getting phosphate poisoning (CSI Miami) </nerd>

Comment

Has anyone considered the possibility that maybe she was on something?
                  I HATE stupid people!

Comment

I've forgotten things like keys, left my purse in work once but a toddler is not something that is easily left behind.. I don't have children but don't parents usually keep a close eye on them? Poor kiddo.

There has to be a lot more to this story.. I'm guessing she couldn't drop him off to day care and couldn't get a last minute baby sitter and thought this was the next best thing?

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                      ]

There was, he was actually getting phosphate poisoning (CSI Miami) </nerd>
                      I thought that was a Vegas episode "Feeling The Heat"), second case was a guy that got electrocuted from a homemade swamp cooler.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        I thought that was a Vegas episode "Feeling The Heat"), second case was a guy that got electrocuted from a homemade swamp cooler.
                        Crazylegs now rescinds his nerd card.

Comment

No need to rescind it, that's a factoid that only someone who's watched every season way too many times would know. Now, Greg's shirt pattern/color in a given episode, that's a detail too obscure even for me.

How the hell could you live in Arizona and not know that leaving a living thing in a car on a hot day could end very badly?! I don't even like leaving houseplants in the car for long periods...
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Not to mention that it was a young mother working at Hooters... The story pretty much just writes itself.

Comment

Working...
                            X